“Hated it! Total Dive. Shame on you Super 8!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Moorhead

Super 8 Moorhead
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Hated it! Total Dive. Shame on you Super 8!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

My kids and I stayed at this hotel for a trip out West that we were taking. First off,driving up to it I was shocked because it looks horrible! The pic on the website isn't even close! We got a smoking room which of course, the smell was attrocious...cigarette smoke covered by some floral room spray. This wasn't by choice, just happened to be the only room choice when I booked online. Besides the smell of the room, there were pubic hairs in the shower along with a "ring around the tub" stain that with a little CLEANING could be removed! There were ashes on the floor next to one of the beds and garbage inside a pamphlet holder. Just disgusting! And to top it off, there were doors slamming and the walls were so thin we got to listen the adjoining rooms TV ALL NIGHT LONG! Spend the extra money and go somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveler8901

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

Glad we didn't spend any more time here than we needed to. The hotel staff were pretty disinterested in helping us get checked in, the room and public spaces weren't as clean as we'd have liked, and the breakfast was lackluster, to put it nicely. If you are on a budget, like we are, and don't mind roughing it for a night, this will do the job.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Moorhead hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

I always thought a Super 8 was an o.k. place to stay, its been a while and I won't ever stay again. This place was sure run down, filthy and needed many repairs our room door wouldn't close properly, we were scared we'd be trapped in. Carpet was filthy and ripped, room table wasn't stable, chairs were wobbily. Bathroom walls/door had holes. We were scared to sleep in the small hard beds, fear of bedbugs or something. They offer a breakfast of cold cereal, milk and toast. It's not worth the price!! We didn't see any staff on duty except at check in. Tried to get a refund but couldn't.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Champlin, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

Had to be there for orientation at Concordia College. Room was clean, hotel was very quiet. We even received a discount because we were at the college. Will be staying again in the future. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

I liked the fact that I got there late and only stayed for about 8 hours. I disliked that the check in took about 15 minutes because there was 1 person ahead of me. I disliked the fact that the Wifi would only work in the lounge and the download speed was in the range of 50kbps down and the front desk said her computer was very fast so I didn't really have a problem. I am a computer tech and there is nothing wrong with my computer as you can see. I didn't like the fact that they didn't have a printer that guests could use. I didn't like the fact that the place had a weird smell about it. I didn't like the fact that I wrote a comment about the horrible service and smell and internet problems and I got 2 emails back asking me to return and they will fix the issues. Then when I didn't write back I got the 2nd email from the GM asking me to return and he would fix the issues and give me a whole 10% discount if I stay there again. WOW!! He got $75 dollars from me and I stayed there for 8 hours and I was completely inconvenienced and put out by the service and now he would love me to stay again and he will give me a WHOLE $7.50 off!! WOW hold back my excitement. Do these people really think all of us are complete idiots and they can throw some crazy numbers out there and get our patronage back? Because of this Super 8 I will never go to another Super 8 again unless the corporate office of Super 8 gives me a job to spy on these places and gives me the power to right these issues on the spot. People really do not understand in this time period that if your service is horrible and you believe that you can be rude to some schmo who is staying in a Super 8 or any other place for that matter, that people will not hear about it. Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and other social networking sites can really hurt a place of business if the person you are rude too has lots of friends on these sites. It used to be 1 person would tell up to 10 people if they had a bad experience at a service related business. Now 1 person in a matter of minutes can tell thousands of people about a horrible experience and the managers and owners really don't seem to care as I am finding out by the stupid emails I am receiving from them. I have over 4000 friends on Facebook and many more on Twitter. I know many people read this as well. So good luck if you stay here and if you work at this Super 8, this isn't about you, unless you worked the night that I stayed 8 hours or if you are the General Manager.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank EverydayJoe
ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

Please see the attached photo of the tissue we wiped on the bathroom floor. We booked the room through Priceline, but we would not even touch anything let alone sleep there, refundable or not. We left and found a clean hotel, and were able to get our money back after much haggling.

Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Saint-Pierre
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2008

We just spent two nights at the Super 8 in Moorhead. The good news is that the location is great, in a quiet area but very accessible to the Interstate and it's easy to get into town. The bad news is that there was a strong moldy smell in the hotel. It was especially noticeable when the air conditioner was on, so we did not use it even though it was nearly 90 degrees. It was not bad enough to leave the hotel because we kept the window open and a fan on to bring fresh air in. Still, because of this smell, I will not stay here again.

Stayed August 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
Staybridge Suites Fargo
Econo Lodge East
Econo Lodge East
#44 of 50 in Fargo

Been to Super 8 Moorhead? Share your experiences!