“Avoid this Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
Winona, MN
“Avoid this Hotel”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The old saying, "you get what you pay for" doesn't apply. You get way LESS than what you pay for. We reserved a room with a queen bed, got a double bed. No working air conditioning, no available room to move to, and poor service from the desk staff.

Room Tip: Run to another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
West Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Pleasant stay, I really enjoy my stay. My family was very tried I took the Moorhead exit and motel very east to find. Desk clerk sheaker very frendily. My family enjoy the breakfast and it was great experience. I recomend to my friends.
Sam gupta

Room Tip: Easy to find from the i94
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
winnipeg
Reviewed 14 November 2011

As someone who has stayed in many hotels and motels let me give you an honest review,
It is what it is, this is a $50.00 a night motel and nothing more (they did have a decent breakfast), while it can use a bit sprucing up, overall I had a good experience if you come here and expect $150.00 a night room for the price of 50 go somewhere else, My wife is very picky and after reading the reviews I was concerned she would not be very happy, while it was the only room left in town and I told her not to expect too much she was plesently surprised with the room, which by the way was a smoking room and it did smell a bit, but they did clean and spay with freshener so it was not as bad as expected, while we will be sure not to wait as long to book a room next time so we can stay somewhere different, we would have no problems if we had to stay here again, so if this is in your price range have np worries about booking it is not as bad as all the reviews say.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jbeilman
Winnipeg
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Have stayed here before and found it okay for a Super 8. However, it has really deteriorated since our visit last year. We reserved a month in advance (a quick night sleep on the way to Minneapolis) and requested a crib for our baby. What we were given was a broken crib, without a mattress. They said the mattress was stolen by a previous guest. (So why not go out and buy one at Target??) They offered us a dirty looking blanket to fold up to pretend to be a mattress. I was not comfortable with that and had the 4 month old sleep in bed with me. The carpet was pretty filthy and could have used a good vacuum and the hotel room had a funky smell (as did the hallway). We stayed on the first floor near the lobby. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, even just for a quick night sleep.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank asiatrip2007Winnipeg

Travellers are raving about these Moorhead hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Hotel was dingy and old. The room was arranged very strangely and was very warm. I would avoid staying here again.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My kids and I stayed at this hotel for a trip out West that we were taking. First off,driving up to it I was shocked because it looks horrible! The pic on the website isn't even close! We got a smoking room which of course, the smell was attrocious...cigarette smoke covered by some floral room spray. This wasn't by choice, just happened to be the only room choice when I booked online. Besides the smell of the room, there were pubic hairs in the shower along with a "ring around the tub" stain that with a little CLEANING could be removed! There were ashes on the floor next to one of the beds and garbage inside a pamphlet holder. Just disgusting! And to top it off, there were doors slamming and the walls were so thin we got to listen the adjoining rooms TV ALL NIGHT LONG! Spend the extra money and go somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveler8901
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Glad we didn't spend any more time here than we needed to. The hotel staff were pretty disinterested in helping us get checked in, the room and public spaces weren't as clean as we'd have liked, and the breakfast was lackluster, to put it nicely. If you are on a budget, like we are, and don't mind roughing it for a night, this will do the job.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
Staybridge Suites Fargo
Econo Lodge East
Econo Lodge East
#44 of 50 in Fargo

Been to Super 8 Moorhead? Share your experiences!