“Small Things Make a Big Difference”

Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Small Things Make a Big Difference”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Dedicated staff at all levels understand how to make a stay special. Management at this hotel understands how to make their hotel distinctive and different. I stayed at this property during one of the coldest periods I have encountered. I was greeted by warm personalities who seemed to genuinely care about my stay. They did some really cool things like free hot chocolate and apple cider available in the lobby for guests. The shower was adorned with whimsical rubber ducks...pretty neat and distinctive. The exercise room had headphones available for patrons to use while watching TV on the treadmills ( I've never seen that before). But what really warmed my heart was on a morning that was -23 degrees ( you read it right) management had several employees scraping windows and brushing snow off cars. Wow...small things that make a big impact! Well managed property staffed by people who care!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 29 December 2013

So, those of you that read my reviews, you know that I stay at many different hotels at different levels of sophistication. So, when I give this Courtyard Marriott of 5, you have to know that it is based on not only the rating of the hotel, but also on the overall service compared to what I expect anywhere i stay.

So the excellent experience started with check-in. I was greeted by Jestin at the front desk and he proceeded to check me in. He confirmed my room type, which was incorrect. As a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, I should have had the room type of my profile. He worked with Alexandra (the Guest Service Lead) to correct the error as not only rewarded me additional points but also we got welcome beverage from the store. Justen even congratulated me and my husband on being married.

The room was exceptionally clean and since this is MN in the winter time, we did request a humidifier, which they didn't have. We had to purchase one at a local store. It would be nice if they had a few humidifiers in the winter.

So I had to work the first few mornings that I was there and went down to the lobby area to work in one of the pods. I LOVE these pods!!! They have power and are a great work area. They are private, but you still feel that you're part of the larger area. The restaurant folks were great! Especially Stacey!!! She made my two different types of Starbucks drinks better than I have gotten in may Starbucks. She was friendly and polite. She was most concerned that she made the drinks correctly!!!

I also have to say that as we stopped in the front desk to ask questions, Ashelynn that worked the desk was also so extremely helpful. I wanted a starbucks after the area was closed and she made me one.

And that is the overall vibe on the place. Every single person that works there was about making the guest experience exceptional!!! You could tell by the morning team meetings that the management team (this is a franchised Courtyard Marriott), is all about making sure the employees are happy and respected. This translates to a crew that is about the guest.

I know that I am a bit strange, but I do tip housekeeping (which is not usually done in the USA). But I truly appreciated that the rooms really were cleaned everyday and not a seemingly cursory clean.

Since my husbands family lives in the area, we do visit often. I will always stay at this Courtyard Marriott!!!

Room Tip: So, I always get a top floor. We always got a room opposite of the freeway.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank A W
Emerald Hills, CA
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this location multiple times over the past few years. This trip has actually prompted me to write this review while still sitting in the room.

What was different about this stay? It's an easy one word answer. Megan.

I had just come in after a 4 hour flight from SF to Minn and then a 3 hour drive from Minn to Moorhead. Megan checked me in quickly and efficiently. When asked if I cared what floor I had a room on I jokingly responded "are any of them more magical then another?" Without missing a beat she replied saying they were each very magical.

She picked out a room for me and I settled my things. Being hungry I went back downstairs to ask for a decent pizza delivery place. 9 times out of 10 people will just tell you domino's. Megan again helped me giving me info on her favorite local spot that delivered but added an extra step by giving me a sheet of all the places that deliver. I used her recommendation and was not disappointed.

I hope the GM or hotel manager of this location recognizes what they have in this young lady. I stay in a lot of hotels in a lot of different states and chains and Megan was easily one of the most personable yet professional people I've interacted with.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Silentops23
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Great Hotel located off I-94 right as you get into the Moorehead Fargo metro area. Nice remodeled lobby and bistro. (If only they had the fire place on this snowy cold day) rooms were in great shape and plenty off space. Extremely clean rooms, lobby, hallways etc.... Will stay hear again next time I am in the area. Only let down was slow wifi. Oh and another big plus Starbucks is right down the street. :)

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Zbiggs17
NC
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This Courtyard has extremely courteous staff and management. They went above and beyond for a general 1-night stay and it's appreciated when you feel 'appreciated'!

Rooms are clean, and BONUS that the hotel (while they have the cafe inside the hotel) has a Starbucks almost right nextdoor with the added drive-thru for those early business flights in/out or early AM meetings! Room had a refer. and the updated Courtyard furnishings.

This location is maybe 8-10 miles from the Fargo Airport (note that at Fargo, you need only arrive 1-hour prior to flight, and at low-traffic times you will still be sitting for 20 min on the other side of security). ADDED Airport TSA note: while this location does not have Pre-Check, when you scan your boarding pass/phone they hand you an orange-laminated card that says 'expedited screening' and you are allowed to keep shoes on + light jacket on. Not sure if they will also let you keep toiletries/laptop inside bag, I just took it out to make sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank hodels
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We attended a wedding reception the afternoon/evening of November 2nd at this Marriot. We were so impressed by the banquet room, the cleanliness of the overall facility, the friendliness of the staff, the food and the beverage service at the reception, and the over all professionalism and excellence of the service staff that night. It was an excellent experience. I work in a service industry and know how difficult it is to find dedicated, professional, committed employees. You are very lucky to have the employees that were there that night, working for you and your company!! Congratulations!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deb F
Blaine
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel with 3 other family members in the room. I am a rewards member at elite status and usually extra towels and washcloths are automatically left for me per my profile request.

On this trip there weren't enough washcloths for all of us. No big deal - I didn't proactively mention it.

But the hotel manager sent an email inquiring about our stay so I mentioned it, and said everything else was great.

The manager was very responsive and took action that I wasn't expecting - to make up for it.

I would stay here again without hesitation due to this manager's excellent service alone. The hotel was clean, great staff - front desk and restaurant. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EmeldaBlaine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
Staybridge Suites Fargo
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fargo
Radisson Hotel Fargo
Radisson Hotel Fargo
#18 of 50 in Fargo
Hilton Garden Inn Fargo

Been to Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN? Share your experiences!