“This place is bougus and trashy”
Review of Grand Inn

Grand Inn
Grand Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
“This place is bougus and trashy”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I will never dare stay in such a place.. the bathroom was crazy paint peelin toilet.. nasty covers and a slob filled pillows and also filthy carpet... gross and terrilbe.. if I hear grandinn as a suggestion ill cry... my advise stay awAy
Shon

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank haleybAby

Maple Grove, MN
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was there to hear my daughter in a choir concert, not to hang out in a hotel. I got to see my daughter at a minimum price. That's what I wanted. This place is minimalist. It's nothing of note. But it is really conveniently located and generally clean with a decent bed. That's a score in my book.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here in May for a night. We ran out of hotel options in Fargo because it was the Canadian long weekend for the Victoria day. So basically we didn't have a choice but stay here just for a night.

This place is very run down and old. It isn't filthy but I wouldn't eat off the floor or tables for that matter. We didn't exactly feel safe either, but thank goodness you can park your car right outside ur room and check it from time to time out your window.

They give free continental breakfast. Lady in the front desk was nice, although when she checked us in, she didn't ask for any identification from me. Kind of sketchy although it made for an easy check in and out.

All in all, it's sufficient for a night but if you have other options, take it.

• Stayed May 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 January 2011

My husband and I stayed here while visiting family over Christmas. The room had no frills, but was very clean. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of room for us and our dog (45lbs) in the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They even sent me my phone charger when I left it in our room. We will definitely stay there again when we are in town.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frannylue
Rothschild, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I was very disappointed that the rooms do NOT have hair dryers, and our room did not have shampoo or Kleenex. The front desk had ONE hair dryer, but I would come prepared with my own next time! Since I had my own shampoo and tissues, I did not ask the front desk for these items. The towels were thin and decor in the room was old and worn.

The continental breakfast consists of bagels, English muffins, coffee and juice. In summary, you get what you pay for....

• Liked — The price is affordable and the location is acceptable
  • Disliked — No in-room hair dryers
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PeggyS

Travellers are raving about these Moorhead hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2008

This "Hotel" was terrible. The Hallways smelled like a work camp and as it turned out it was full of local long stay workers. The hallway carpets were filthy and the room carpets were no better. The room smelled of mould and the bathroom was very old and run down. I guess you do get what you pay for!! We will never stay here again!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Filthy!!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Mpls
Reviewed 10 February 2007

Based on the review and lower cost we spent a night here. It was OK but below average. The floor hadn't been vacuumed. The breakfast was only toast and bagels. We ended up going out for breakfast, so I would have been better off going to a more expensive motel with a decent breakfast.

• Liked — Lower cost
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
#14 of 50 in Fargo
Comfort Suites Fargo
Comfort Suites Fargo
#12 of 50 in Fargo

Been to Grand Inn? Share your experiences!