“Pay in cash (better yet, stay somewhere else)”
Review of Grand Inn

Grand Inn
Grand Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
Boston
“Pay in cash (better yet, stay somewhere else)”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed at the Grand Inn for one night in Moorhead on a road trip. Easy to get to off the highway, very inexpensive. Room smelled awful. It reeked of body odor. The person behind the counter typed my credit card # into the computer AND swiped it through a machine. Next morning, I had $700+ charges on my account at online retailers. Had to cancel card.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank S P

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I am doing a road trip from Toronto to Calgary on a budget. I realize you get what you pay for but this place should be shut down by health and safety. Walking down the halls you could smell rooms that I hope were condemned because the smell of mouldy wet basement was enough to make me puke. I walked into my room and the first thing I saw was a trail of white bodily fluid from the bed to the bathroom. Use your imagination to figure out what went on there. The chair looked like someone was murdered in it. An attempt to wash the blood stain from it didn't make me feel any better. Bedding was clean but it did little at this point. After driving for 9+ hours all I wanted was a hot shower. I took one look at then mould and mildew in the tub and said forget it. I put towels down to cover the mysterious whiteness on the carpet and slept in my clothes with a towel over my pillow hoping to god the bed bugs didn't bite.

Sweet Dreams!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Peelatus

Travellers are raving about these Moorhead hotels

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I will never dare stay in such a place.. the bathroom was crazy paint peelin toilet.. nasty covers and a slob filled pillows and also filthy carpet... gross and terrilbe.. if I hear grandinn as a suggestion ill cry... my advise stay awAy
Shon

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank haleybAby
Maple Grove, MN
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was there to hear my daughter in a choir concert, not to hang out in a hotel. I got to see my daughter at a minimum price. That's what I wanted. This place is minimalist. It's nothing of note. But it is really conveniently located and generally clean with a decent bed. That's a score in my book.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here in May for a night. We ran out of hotel options in Fargo because it was the Canadian long weekend for the Victoria day. So basically we didn't have a choice but stay here just for a night.

This place is very run down and old. It isn't filthy but I wouldn't eat off the floor or tables for that matter. We didn't exactly feel safe either, but thank goodness you can park your car right outside ur room and check it from time to time out your window.

They give free continental breakfast. Lady in the front desk was nice, although when she checked us in, she didn't ask for any identification from me. Kind of sketchy although it made for an easy check in and out.

All in all, it's sufficient for a night but if you have other options, take it.

• Stayed May 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 January 2011

My husband and I stayed here while visiting family over Christmas. The room had no frills, but was very clean. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of room for us and our dog (45lbs) in the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They even sent me my phone charger when I left it in our room. We will definitely stay there again when we are in town.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frannylue
Rothschild, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I was very disappointed that the rooms do NOT have hair dryers, and our room did not have shampoo or Kleenex. The front desk had ONE hair dryer, but I would come prepared with my own next time! Since I had my own shampoo and tissues, I did not ask the front desk for these items. The towels were thin and decor in the room was old and worn.

The continental breakfast consists of bagels, English muffins, coffee and juice. In summary, you get what you pay for....

• Liked — The price is affordable and the location is acceptable
  • Disliked — No in-room hair dryers
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PeggyS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
Scandia Hotel
Scandia Hotel
#40 of 50 in Fargo
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo

Been to Grand Inn? Share your experiences!