“Son got poked by a found needle in cabnet above sink now I'm sleeping outside!”
Review of Grand Inn

Grand Inn
Grand Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Moorhead
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Its dirty. How can a maid miss a dirty needle in a med cabnet. 2 days in a row! Wish I would have know cabnet was there! Now my sons been to er all night and after they called the owner he said no refund! So now I'm sleeping in my van. belive every bad thing u read about them!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank mike121979
There are newer reviews for Grand Inn

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Do not stay at this motel. It is definately sub-par. The sign on the front door "Do not flick your cig butts on the ground" pretty much sets the stage for what you get. We made a reservation through Orbitz for a non-smoking room with a refrigerator. What I got was a room smelling of stale smoke and pet.

There was no one at the front desk. The room had no chain, no frig and one of those creepy connecting doors to the next room. This was make worse by the obvious fact that this hotel is part of the local social services family housing program. Unattended childern wandering the lobby in diapers.

After asking for 3 days to get a chain put on the door and a frig, I started making phone calls. The phone number on the door said that Hotel 75 (?) was licensed by the City of Moorhead. I called that number only to find out that Clay County took over licensing in Aug 2011. I called Clay County to have the inspector tell me he could not take a complaint because there is not a requirement for chains in Minnesota. I then called the Minnesota Department of Health. They were so helpful. They understood why I was frusterated and upset.

After making those phone calls my frig magically showed up and I got a door chain.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeanene M
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed at the Grand Inn for one night in Moorhead on a road trip. Easy to get to off the highway, very inexpensive. Room smelled awful. It reeked of body odor. The person behind the counter typed my credit card # into the computer AND swiped it through a machine. Next morning, I had $700+ charges on my account at online retailers. Had to cancel card.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank S P
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I am doing a road trip from Toronto to Calgary on a budget. I realize you get what you pay for but this place should be shut down by health and safety. Walking down the halls you could smell rooms that I hope were condemned because the smell of mouldy wet basement was enough to make me puke. I walked into my room and the first thing I saw was a trail of white bodily fluid from the bed to the bathroom. Use your imagination to figure out what went on there. The chair looked like someone was murdered in it. An attempt to wash the blood stain from it didn't make me feel any better. Bedding was clean but it did little at this point. After driving for 9+ hours all I wanted was a hot shower. I took one look at then mould and mildew in the tub and said forget it. I put towels down to cover the mysterious whiteness on the carpet and slept in my clothes with a towel over my pillow hoping to god the bed bugs didn't bite.

Sweet Dreams!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Peelatus
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I will never dare stay in such a place.. the bathroom was crazy paint peelin toilet.. nasty covers and a slob filled pillows and also filthy carpet... gross and terrilbe.. if I hear grandinn as a suggestion ill cry... my advise stay awAy
Shon

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank haleybAby
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was there to hear my daughter in a choir concert, not to hang out in a hotel. I got to see my daughter at a minimum price. That's what I wanted. This place is minimalist. It's nothing of note. But it is really conveniently located and generally clean with a decent bed. That's a score in my book.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here in May for a night. We ran out of hotel options in Fargo because it was the Canadian long weekend for the Victoria day. So basically we didn't have a choice but stay here just for a night.

This place is very run down and old. It isn't filthy but I wouldn't eat off the floor or tables for that matter. We didn't exactly feel safe either, but thank goodness you can park your car right outside ur room and check it from time to time out your window.

They give free continental breakfast. Lady in the front desk was nice, although when she checked us in, she didn't ask for any identification from me. Kind of sketchy although it made for an easy check in and out.

All in all, it's sufficient for a night but if you have other options, take it.

• Stayed: May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moorhead
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Moorhead Fargo Area
#40 of 50 in Fargo
Econo Lodge East
Econo Lodge East
#42 of 50 in Fargo

Been to Grand Inn? Share your experiences!