When I booked this hotel, I was told there was a $25 per night pet fee. I planned to stay one night on a business trip as a pass through town and thought, "how bad could it be?" When I booked the room over the phone, I advised them I was booking for myself and my dog. They said was $99/night + pet fee. When I checked in, I didn't remind them of my dog, and they did not discuss it. After walking into the room, there was absolutely no way I was going to accept a $25 pet charge...which one would assume is a cleaning fee. This hotel room was very unclean, and there was no way possible any pet fee was ever used for cleaning. They obviously don't move things around to vaccuum. My dog was sniffing out and eating all sorts of "leftovers" she could find in the nooks and cranies of the floor. I was so grossed out. This is the type of hotel that you need to put shoes on to get out of bed in the morning.
Pet friendly hotel
...yep, that's all I can think of
- The room floor had stains all over it. Spill stains...dog pee...everything.
- The blankets on the beds were tattered and falling apart.
- The bed sheets were very worn and old - pretty much see-through.
- They still have the same "bed spreads" (I didn't know those existed anymore) from the 1970s.
- Shower/tub had hard water stains and was dingy...just needed a deep cleaning which no one has done in a very long time.
- Old Tube TV
- Hallways were like walking through a hot dungeon.
- Trash all over outside.
- Exterior's landscape was incredibly overgrown and full of tall weeds that obviously no one ever maintained.
Conclusion: $99 was WAY too much for this dump. I've stayed at nicer places for $50/night. They had a wedding there the weekend I was there. Who in their right mind would have a wedding in this rat hole??
In the end, I didn't get charged a pet fee (likely cuz they didn't realize), and I would have refused to pay it if they did charge me. If you decide to stay here, bring a sleeping bag and a cot.
The sacrifices I make to travel with my dog...
- Also Known As:
- Best Northland Prairie Hotel Morris
- Best Western Morris
- Morris Best Western