“So Tight”

Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Morton
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We were there 2 days. The slots would not pay out at all. I went thru $400+ and rarely saw even a tiny credit win at all. I tried several machines and locations within the casino. Machines simply ate our $20 bills and yielded no return. Not much fun !!
The breakfast restaurant was miserable. Stood for 15 minutes waiting to gain access even though 40+ tables were open. Then our surely waitress refused to substitute sourdough toast unless a sizeable increase in price. She never did offer coffee.
Conclusion: Find yourself a more customer-friendly casino for your entertainment.

Room Tip: Rooms are nicely appointed, but the non-smoking rooms still have the stench of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tcmn43
There are newer reviews for Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel

Reviewed 1 December 2013

SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE
I didn't even go to the casino and I reeked of smoke. I was here for a special event. The place is starting their renovations but it didn't effect us. The buffet I tried once. I couldn't identify most of the food and what I did have didn't taste like it should. The plates felt dirty and gritty. The best part was the soft serve.

Dakota restaurant was decent. The staff was hit or miss with accuracy and attentiveness but at least it was a decent meal at a reasonable price.

The walls are thin. You can hear everything which doesn't make for good sleeping. I had people still going strong at 6:30 in the morning.

I didn't have time to go to the pool, but it looked very nice.

Room Tip: Higher the better. I was on floor 5 and was ok. My friends on 1st and 2nd was getting smoke through...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travelinglizard2013
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel was a nice place to stay even if your not into playing at the Casino. We stayed for a week and enjoyed the friendly staff. Caribou Cafe had nice breakfast options and good pastries. They had several places to eat in the hotel. There is also a Papa John's pizza and a grocery store in the parking lot for convenience. It had a nice little gift shop. Our room was clean, very affordable, and comfortable. The meals we were served by the hotel for the company were very good. Hotel bathrooms were always clean.

Room Tip: Hotel does offer smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortabe. We stayed in Room 141 a LONG way from the front desk. Even though it was a non smoking room, we could still smell cigarette smoke, epecially in the bathroom. We blamed it on the exhaust system. The casino was crowded but fun. The food both in the restaurant & buffet was very reasonable and good. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Fun Mini Vacation
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 320Joyce
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We traveled to Jackpot to see a band we liked. Found the room clean, but not enough hot water. Only 2 towels, just very minimal. The staff was friendly. Found the food at the buffet and restaurant was very good. The biggest problem was the room was just wasn't worth the price we paid. $100 was twice what the room was worth.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vegasjunkymn
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Just returned from a 2 nite stay here on a bus trip from Wisconsin. Room was comfortable beds a little lumpy BUT our biggest problem was that were were gone all day Friday left at 10am and returned approx 11pm as had tours and Oktoberfest in New Ulm for the day...upon returning our hotel room was not locked after the housekeeping people were done. The locking thing on the door was flipped over the the door wouldn't close while they were in and out, our friend who were right next door to us had their door left open too. I telephoned the front desk to talk to housekeeping and left a voice mail for the manager. Nothing was missing but it was a really uncomfortable feeling knowing that anyone could have just walked into our room, I had my I pad in there all of our stuff including some tickets from our winnings at the casino. I also told the girls at the front desk when we checked out this morning.
Otherwise everything was very nice, breakfast buffer reasonably priced and hot slot machines were pretty good seemed to be loose too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bobcatsmom0617
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had the 2 queen beds room which was clean and the beds were comfortable. Our only complaints were that there is not a door for the vanity area and no table and chairs in the room. We had brought along some cards and board games, but had nowhere to play them. Fortunately we were able to use a table in The Caribou coffee shop. They were very accommodating and said they had heard this complaint before. We ate our meals in The Dakotah restaurant which were very good and the staff was pleasant. My only complaint for the casino area is that smoking is still allowed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator if walking is an issue.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheri S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morton
Redwood Lodge
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sleepy Eye
The Vintage Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Vintage Inn Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Redwood Falls

Been to Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!