“very nice place to stay.”

Days Inn Mounds View Twin Cities North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mounds View
iowa city
“very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Nice hotel, close to the freeway, easy to find, and not too far from downtown. Staff was courteous and helpful. Room was clean and sufficient and the price was reasonable, close walking restaurant,sport bar...very good staff always accomodating.i come to this hotel three times a week.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Minnesota
Reviewed 21 February 2010

I stay at this hotel 2 times a week for business, I have always been greeted with a smile. Pravin and his crew are at the top for being very professional and always very pleasant to deal with. Staying here is like my home away from home, price is very fair and reasonable. Most of the time they will even have the heat on for you if it is cold out or the AC on if it is hot outside. The location is great for me being just off I-35W, a very good restaurant nearby, and even a KFC and Mcdonalds if you are looking for something quick. I do not plan on ever switching hotels because everyone knows me on a first name basis and that means a lot. The rooms are always clean and inviting, which is very high on my priority list. I highly recomend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a nice quiet place.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
wisconsin
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I was here for 2 nights. Good place, quite, clean. Service was good (stands out in my mind because of the greeting with a smile). I do trave to MN onces in a couple months so I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Sycamore, Illinois
Reviewed 15 September 2009

We had the displeasure of staying here for 3 nights while on a trip. Our room reeked of pee, and we could not change rooms. They told us they were booked, even though there were only a handful of cars in the parking lot. The carpet was really filthy. After walking around for 5 minutes, the bottom of my white socks were black. Yuck. This is the worst Days Inn I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank missed_connection

Travellers are raving about these Mounds View hotels

State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2009

I was gifted with a stay at this Days Inn while I was in St. Paul for a week of on-campus study at nearby Bethel Seminary. I have stayed at many money-saving motels, and this one was certainly not among the better ones.

Among the problems was a general sense of tiredness to the entire building. This Days Inn was obviously built decades ago and shows every bit of its age. The hallways are dark and dreary and have a rather questionable smell. The decor of the room was very dated. The bathroom was tiny and required a rather delicate dance to actually close the door. The fridge was tiny and loud. The free wireless internet access in each room, promised on the website, did not extend to our room at the end of the hall, so we had to borrow a wire from the front desk to connect to the internet. (With only one internet jack, that was extremely irritating when my wife and I both wanted to work on our laptops.) There was a gelatinous substance on the floor in front of the toilet, the nature of which we did not want to guess. And the continental breakfast was rather disappointing and limited, with only danishes, waffles, two sugar cereals, occasional fruit, and bread products (no donuts or non-sugar cereals?).

To be fair, there were some bright spots. The TV was relatively large and offered many channels. It was adjacent to McDonald's and KFC, which was convenient for a quick meal. The proximity to I-35W made entry into St. Paul and Minneapolis extremely easy. The free USA Today each weekday was nice. And the staff was very friendly.

Since someone else paid for it, this was a functional stay for us for a week. But I wouldn't pay to stay here again. If you're looking for a quality cheap motel in this area, I recommend the Super 8 in Arden Hills.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 25 October 2007

Very poor housekeeping and maintenance. Hairs in bathroom, toilet not fastened to floor, top of small jelly container stuck to wall, potato chips, dust and hair on telephone, no TV channel line up, in room coffee or other usual Days Inn amenities. Desk clerk not friendly - no name tag. We will not return to this property.

• Liked — The Beds
  • Disliked — The rooms were filthy
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank trudy5012
Sheboygan,Wi
Reviewed 3 September 2007

The room was a king size bed non smoking with microwave and fridge. The fridge worked but it looked like it had been dropped on the floor at one time, the microwave had seen better days. There were extension cords coming out of every where, under the desk for computer hookup was a mass of somekind of extension cord wrapped up in duct tape hanging from under the desk. The tv only had about 7 channels with Show Time. None came in clear but there were about 4 of them that you could watch if you could stand the poor reception. The corner pole lamp had no knob to turn it on with, if you wanted to use it you had to use the wall plug. All in all it was a very spacious room and everything was clean, the bathroom was also very clean. The problems were not serious issues, they were things that would not have costed much to fix but seemed to just be ignored. I don't know if I would stay here again, I've been in many other hotels and paid less and they were in much better condition, the tv was an issue for me, even though I didn't spend much time in my room, it would have been nice to sit down and relax and be able to see what was on the channel when I was there . My travel companions in another room found pretty much the same conditions as I found only their tv came in perfect. I think maybe the problem with my tv came from the fact that the plate and cable wire were ripped from the wall and not repaired.

• Liked — It was in a quite area.
  • Disliked — The condition of the room.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids
Best Western Plus St. Paul North/Shoreview

Been to Days Inn Mounds View Twin Cities North? Share your experiences!