“Enormous portion sizes!”

R J Riches Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Mounds View
Reviewed 7 August 2017

My wife and I ate breakfast here while visiting form Arizona. I had the Riches breakfast with eggs, hash browns, bacon, and toast. This is the largest breakfast plate I have ever seen! The hash browns almost completely covered the plate. I think I counted 6 pieces of bacon with my meal. The service is a little surly.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

The pancakes were the size of dinner plates. I don't know how anyone could finish it. The skillets could easily feed three people. Good home cooked meal. I would come back for sure.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This is not a fancy restaurant. The food is not gourmet. This is an old-fashioned diner. We can't help it, we love the place. It's the feeling you get when you eat at grandma's house. The food isn't always fabulous, but the atmosphere is one of sincere caring. People who eat here have done so for years. The portions are huge! We always split and often have another meal for two at home with the leftovers. I have taken home leftovers from my one pancake and made a bread pudding for dessert. We take home half the hashbrowns and make an egg bake with the potatoes on the bottom for our next breakfast. The food is real, the coffee is good, the wait staff are friendly and really experienced. We back over and over and over. No Wifi. You have to talk to each other.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Friendly faces when we walked in. Seated immediately. Menu with a great selection. Prices are reasonable. Service with a smile. The portions? Well, you be the judge on that one. We will be back.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

It was huge, glad we shared it. The pita was toasted before it was mounded with a pile of meat, giving it a nice crunch that we both really liked!!! There were eight of us and no complaints on any of the meals.