“Pleasant Surprise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reading Pa
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had to Travel to the Area for work and I have to say finding a brand new hotel there caught me by surprise. The staff were great everything was new and the rooms were very nice. The only issue I had was the signal strength of the Wifi in my room as it would drop off and on.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MTHammer1
hiexpress_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you very much for your reveiw we do appreciate it. We do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Jane Serrano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sutton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Fast check in, helpful & friendly staff. The Inn is clean. The rooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable. Close the restaurants. Good choices for breakfast i.e. pancakes, eggs, ham, juice, selections of coffee

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Howard W
hiexpress_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you very much for your review and input. We are extremely pleaseed you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that we have another chance to serve you in the future.
Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We've stayed here twice in the past few months. It's quiet, clean and friendly. The rooms are big. There are good choices nearby for places to eat - there's a Perkins right there but the breakfast choices are good.

1 Thank GandT222
We are very pleased you chose our hotel and you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do hope when visiting our area again that you will stay with us.
Columbus Grove, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I chose the Holiday Inn over its competitor in Virginia due to the competitor's so-so reviews, and I was glad I did.The property is only about a mile outside of Virginia and almost brand new.Check in and checkout were fast and easy and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room on the third floor was very large, tastefully decorated and very quiet. Bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was large and very well appointed. Breakfast staff was efficient and attentive. Breakfast had a wide selection and the coffee was excellent. I would recommend for business and vacation travelers.

1 Thank Davek12013
Buffalo, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed in room 208. It had two queen beds, a table with two chairs and a mini fridge located in the bureau. It had good space and was very clean and comfortable. Seemed typical for a Holiday Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the complimentary breakfast was good with lots of variety to choose from. My husband used the pool to swim laps and said that it was very clean and well kept down there. The walls do seem a little thin and I could hear others in the morning. But as an seasoned traveller, I always bring earplugs and after putting them in - I didn't hear a thing all night! Overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the top to minimize overhead noise.
1 Thank WeVisitTheWorld1996
hiexpress_10, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. We use all of the reviews we receive to monitor our levels of service. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Sounds travel a little more than I'd like. My hallway end room on 1st floor (nothing on 3rd when I checked in) caught smoke from the smokers outside a couple of times. all in all, not a bad place, and I'd stay here again in this area. Oh, and dont forget to check out the pancake machine at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Doug R
Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry that you had to deal with smokers outside I am sure that was not a pleasant experience. I am glad you enjoyed the pancake machine and our breakfast buffet. I do hope we will have the pleasure to serve you in the future.
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

stayed a few times at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. But this time my room was so dusty and not very clean... I could write my name on the table and TV. now understand I tried to check in at 10 that morning and front desk said oh the people have checked out .but they have not gotten to the room... 1:00 would be better.. now that was fine to me.. left and enjoyed myself till I went back to the hotel and checked in. at first did not notice that the room was not dusted at all. when checking out the next day I felt the lady at the front desk should never be at the front desk she was not a nice person at all. and to think she is the one who asked me how was my room and I told her.. I wrote on the desk TV saying to clean me!!!! the lady at the front desk has let me know not to go back to this Hotel again. and how sad is this!!!!!!!

Room Tip: take any room the higher up the better... I like 2nd floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sassie339
hiexpress_10, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are always grateful when a guest takes the time to provide feedback.

We ame truly sorry that your room was not up to standard. We do try to provide high levels of cleanliness unfortantly we fell of our goal. WeI do hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Thank you again for your comments they are grately appreciated.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain Iron
#1 of 4 in Virginia
Super 8 Eveleth
Super 8 Eveleth
#1 of 2 in Eveleth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron? Share your experiences!