“paradise on earth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balgal Beach
Balgal Beach Holiday Units
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I didn't even know this piece of paradise existed....we had a great time...so close to the beach...absolutely love the sound of the ocean....we will definitly be back...I will let my close friends and family know about this little slice of heaven that is so close to home....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keri C

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Lucky for us, they had a cancellation and we managed to book in here for 4 nights. The Cottage Suite is very roomy and has everything one needs for a home away from home. Thoughtful touches were really nice, and friendly hosts topped it off. Not only could we take our small dog with us, there were things provided for our four-legged friend too!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I know I have reviewed these units before but after another delightful week at Balgal Beach I had to share our appreciation for the tranquil atmosphere. It is such an amazing location to unwind, relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. Can't wait till Christmas, we have booked 5 units and taking the family for a week. Thanks Ros and Terry for making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: Room 9 has ocean view. Room 10 is pet friendly.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Balgal Beach Holiday Units deserves to be 'found' by others, but in one respect I'm reluctant to share the beauty and uniqueness for fear of destroying it! It has become my second home as I have stayed several times in recent months, and will be staying again shortly which I look forward to very much. Ros and Terry ensure you feel part of 'their' Balgal family and go over, beyond and above the call of customer service duty the entire time - they totally embody the concept!!!! I'd have been in more than one pickle without them.

You will be perfectly catered for and perfectly situated to enjoy the delights of not just Townsville, but the local delights of Crystal Creek, Paluma,The Frosty Mango, Fisherman's Landing and much, much more......

Consider Balgal Beach a trip back in time to the way you wanted a beach-side stay to always be, with hosts who are certain to restore your faith in old-fashioned service, and you can't go wrong. Put it on your bucket list - NOW!!

Room Tip: All rooms are perfectly appointed and comfortable - you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We were driving along Bruce highway in search of a good jump if point to Paluma Range National Park. Looking at a bunch of different places that had a rate that was to steep for we got recommended Balgal Beach Holiday Units. We took our chances and booked it over the phone as the day was getting late. When we arrived we were simply amazed. Balgal lay secluded from civilisation close to the beach surrounded by palm trees and a rich wildlife. The warm welcome by Terry and Roslyn made us feel so welcome, like a home away from home. Extremely nice big units lay surrounding the little oasis in the middle were you can find a pool and BBQ area. Unfortunately we could only stay for 2 days before we had to move on and it was with great sadness we sad goodbye to Terry and Roslyn and their beautiful gemstone Balgal Beach Holiday Units. If we ever get to pass by this area again there is no doubt about where we're gonna stay! It's a shame we had to find out about this place by accident as our travel guide didn't mention it at all.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I'm a Townsville resident, and Balgal Beach Holiday Units provides the perfect escape ... close to home ... but the atmosphere ... could be continents away.

There are two things that make these units stand out ... one... the location, right by the beach... two... the hosts, Ros and Terry, who will do whatever is in their power to do to make your stay special.

On this occasion, I was planning a Christmas gathering of family members. At the time of booking, I didn't have much idea of who was arriving or staying when. Ros took it all in her stride. "Just let me know", was all she needed.

We arrived to find Christmas decorations inside and outside the unit, and the kitchen bench tops covered in Christmas-themed runners, with gifts of candy canes, shortbread biscuits, and the like. Previous visits at Easter had similar welcoming decorations. Just such a lovely, welcoming touch!

The units are fairly basic - comfortable, but not luxurious ... but then, the prices are not "luxurious" either. Value for money ... outstanding!! The units are so well equipped. I planned on doing some baking ... even measuring cups and measuring spoons were there! I had phoned to check on the availability of various items ... the reply ... I'll make sure they are there ... pretty good, I thought, especially as, being local, it was no problem to bring from home whatever was needed. On previous visits, items needed but not in the unit were provided/lent by Ros from her own kitchen!

The gardens and pool are just special. I love sharing Ros' and Terry's passion for birds, butterflies and flowering plants. The pool is clean and well maintained, with lots of pool toys available if you want them. Also available (free!!) are games, toys, books... pretty well anything you need for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2012

After a couple of accomodations we had stayed 1362 the Bruce Highway between Brisbane and Cairns this is our absolute favourite among them all. We found it coincidently with the intent to stay for one night before we keep heading north. We decided to stay for another four nights once we had seen this loveley resort, managed by Terry and Roslyn O'Keefe. The O'Keefes are nature lovers with a special dedication to birds and frogs. Though the cleaning and maintainance keeps the couple continuously busy they will always find time to talk with their guests and provide valuable information and tips. In the moment you enter your self contained unit you realise that someone had thought about your needs in advance.

• Stayed: December 2012

Been to Balgal Beach Holiday Units? Share your experiences!