See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 June 2015

I have gone to Pine Beach with my wife's family the past 2 summers, and love it! The cabins are clean, and feel just like a cabin up north should - and I especially love that they do not have televisions in them! The owner is incredibly friendly and attentive. Pine Beach offers the perfect getaway to relax and recharge.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank scottie355
PineBeachResort, Owner at Pine Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Thank you so much for your review, I appreciate you taking the time to post your your feelings about Pine Beach Resort. We are staying true to what we promise on our website and grateful for the positive comments. Anne-Owner, Pine Beach Resort

Reviewed 5 June 2015

We first arrived at Pine Beach when our youngest of three daughters was a new born. They learned the joys and value of a taking time off from their everyday lives. As parents, it was a chance for our children to enjoy the freedom of being children and over time grow with the experience of having a special place to return to each year.. As adults, we have the opportunity to lay back and relax.

If you are a party animal, this is not your place to vacation.

If you are adult with or without children and want to be around people who are seeking an experience of getting away from whatever stresses come with your day to day life, this is one place that will satisfy that need.

Mark
Ann Arbor, Michigan

7  Thank Mark J

Thank you for the kind words. I think you have captured the essence of what Pine Beach Resort is all about. One of my favorite sayings about Pine Beach Resort is that you can shut out the outside world while you are here and concentrate on what is truly important. I am grateful that you appreciate what we have to offer. Anne-Owner, Pine Beach Resort

Reviewed 5 June 2015

My family has been going to Pine Beach along with another family for over a decade. The owner, Anne and her family couldn't be nicer, and they take really good care of the resort. In response to previous negative reviews, this particular resort is not the place for excessive drinking and partying-- It is a community of families where people go to relax and enjoy nature.

5  Thank Ali G

Thank you for your kind words. From children to adults, it makes my heart sing to see the difference Pine Beach Resort has made in the lives of others. We are a Minnesota family resort. Anne-Owner, Pine Beach Resort

Reviewed 4 June 2015

I have been a Pine Beach veteran for nearly 25 summers. This place holds the fondest memories of my childhood - kickball games, sand castle contests, learning to water ski, and eating s'mores while watching the sunset. There is a whole program of kid-friendly activities each week.

Now as an adult, I love starting my days with a bike ride along the Heartland State Trail (only a mile from the resort), spending the afternoon reading on the beach, and partaking in evening boat rides as the loons float along side the boat. I still try to make it to the Monday campfire to meet the other guests each week though!

The cabins are simple, cozy, and quaint. I love sleeping with the windows open and falling asleep to the sounds of nature. All of the cabins have decks which provide an ideal location to sip coffee in the morning.

I've known the caretaker Anne for nearly 20 years and each summer she warmly welcomes us back into the haven she's created in Nevis. She's a kind and caring woman - this space is her passion.

If you're looking to disconnect from your day-to-day stresses and reconnect with family/friends, this your place! Vintage has become a trendy word, but it's a fantastic way to describe the family-friendly resort that transports you back to a day before internet (or even TV) directed life. This is a true taste of up north Minnesota!

6  Thank Elizabeth L

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Pine Beach Resort. We know that we can't be all things to all people but we try our best to be a safe, peaceful family resort for "down time" vacations. I am glad to read that you approve. Anne-Owner, Pine Beach Resort

Reviewed 4 June 2015

I've read some of the other reviews and I feel like they were just not at the right place. If you want to drink a bunch and have every amenity in the world, then Pine Beach isn't the place for you. If you want a relaxing, down-to-earth, getaway where you can enjoy simple pleasures, quiet and nature -- this is the place for you. My family has been going every summer for the past 23 years (YES, 23 YEARS) and though we've always thought that maybe one summer we might try something else, we always come back to the idea that the relaxation that we feel at Pine Beach (even though some of the cabins are more rustic, smaller, etc) just wouldn't be accomplished elsewhere. My sisters and I are all grown now and we live all over the country but for one week every July we come back to this place. For a family vacation, you really can't beat it.

6  Thank CMLJPDX

Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review of Pine Beach Resort. We are a family resort , first and foremost and I am grateful that you took the time to post about your experience. We have our niche that works best and you are "spot on" what we are all about. Anne-Owner, Pine Beach Resort