AmericInn by Wyndham Park Rapids(Park Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$127
Super 8 by Wyndham Park Rapids(Park Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$93
C'mon Inn Park Rapids(Park Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$119
Walker Hotel(Walker)
US$102
US$99
Hotels.com
Country Inn Walker(Walker)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$119
Chase on the Lake(Walker)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$127
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2015

We have been going to Pine Beach Resort for the last 5 years and have always enjoyed ourselves, but this year will be our last. The resort itself is fine, it’s the horribly inappropriate and unreasonable owner, Anne. We were scolded for trivial things throughout the week but the most unreasonable situation came when a childhood friend of mine whom I had not seen in years, drove 500 miles and surprised me by showing up at our dock one morning in his boat. How fun is that right? After chatting for a little over an hour, Anne came charging over and aggressively asserted that visitors were to check in at the office. We were incredulous. We quickly checked him in, thinking that would satisfy her and we could get to having some fun. But there was no fun at Pine Beach. She opened the door and walked right into our cabin (with several kids sitting right there) and made a big scene stressing the rules about visitors and that my visitor needs to be off the property by 7:00. I walked up to speak to her and had an absurd conversation with her telling me that she is to be notified of visitors ahead of time. I told her we didn’t know he was coming but that didn’t matter. She told me we don't “fit in." She mentioned that she had some problems with us previously but didn’t give examples. I’d love to know what they are. Perhaps it was the time we mistakenly left towels on top of the medicine cabinet and left the light on, heating the towels up and damaging the cabinet and drywall and I, having felt terrible for causing such an unfortunate situation, spent the rest of my vacation patching the drywall and painting the entire bathroom. And with me being a general contractor, it turned out beautifully. She thanked me and said I went “above and beyond.” Other than that I’m not sure what it could be. If I had known she was going to make my next vacation miserable I would have told her to deal with it herself. Perhaps you are a yearly visitor and she has some problems with you too. I guess you’ll find out soon enough.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank richard b
PineBeachResort, Owner at Pine Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

This review does not come as a surprise to me. Nor does the "one star" rating. The content in his review.....Is subject to interpretation. As I read this review, I can see it is a personal attack directed towards me. I must apologize to the reviewer, clearly this is something that affected him strongly, to the point where his interpretation of it was dramatized. It hurts my heart to see such anger from a guest who stayed at Pine Beach Resort. For that I am truly sorry.

Pine Beach Resort is family resort and I do my very best to be sure the resort is a secure place for the guests and their children that stay here. My desire is to re-create an atmosphere from decades past, when times were simpler, safer and more carefree for parents and their children. When I see someone I do not know on the resort, I make a point to see how I can help them. With information about the resort, to get them registered as a visitor, or usher them off the property if I need to. Was I as aggressive as the reviewer says? No, Did I scold them for trivial things throughout the week? Not that I am aware of. Do we have a visitor's policy in place for all our guests? Yes. Did I walk right in to the cabin and create a big scene? No, that is unprofessional and something I would never do. I am guilty of going to the cabin to ask if the reviewer had gotten the USPS priority envelope that had arrived for him. When I found out he wasn’t there, I mentioned that I needed to go over the visitor’s policy with him because our visiting hours would be over before his friend planned to leave. I even went so far as to say that I wasn’t angry but I was quite busy. I have to believe that the reviewer’s family was feeling very guilty. The reviewer’s father made a point to tell me that he had told his son that he needed to go to the lodge and register his friend in so we knew he was on the resort.

I have enjoyed the reviewer’s family who has been coming for a number of years and genuinely like them but when their son (the reviewer) joined them, there have been a series of events that has made it clear that he and Pine Beach Resort are not a good fit. We have policies in place to protect and preserve the atmosphere of the resort. When a guest does not agree with the policies and is unhappy about them and becomes angry and hostile, it isn't a good fit. Not for them, for me or for the rest of the guests who come to Pine Beach. In two decades of doing business there have been a handful of times when it was clear a choice needed to be made about whether a guest should be allowed to return. I have always made my decision based on the "greater good" and what was the best for everyone involved. In this case the reviewer ( and his family) , were not allowed to return.

My best response to this review is to say; Please do not bully and belittle the owner of a business in an attempt to get your way because you are unhappy with their policies. Pine Beach Resort is family resort that is a safe, secure and peaceful environment for your vacation. If that is not what you are looking for, there are other resorts that will offer the right vacation for you. Anne-Owner Pine Beach Resort

Reviewed 28 July 2015

This was our ninth summer staying at Pine Beach Resort and we fall in love with it more every year. It's our 12 year old son's favorite place of all to be. I am always amazed at how clear and beautiful Lake Belle Taine is, and my favorite way to start the day is sharing coffee and biscotti with my mother-in-law on the cabin's large deck at the water's edge. From there, it's off to the three times a week morning animal feeding where the kids can feed and pet goats, bunnies and some years guinea pigs and chickens. The goats freely roam the park like setting of the resort and we are always thrilled when they stop by our cabin for a visit. There are a number of planned activities for children throughout the week. The water skiing and fishing contest have always been favorites for our three kids, along with building sand sculptures, biking, badminton, kayaking, paddle boarding, and hiking the trails through the forest which invariably would lead to some imaginative game at the "fort." Park Rapids and Walker are close enough for shopping and lunch excursions with our teenage daughter, as well as numerous golf courses in the area for my husband and boys (when the boys aren't on the lake fishing in the boat.) Nevis also has some good restaurants for a quick night out. We always have to build at least one campfire during the week and make s'mores. This usually involves an intense ping-pong match at the neighboring game room. The cozy lodge always gives me a nostalgic feeling for my own childhood, visiting Minnesota lakes with my parents and grandparents. Sleeping in the comfy beds of the vintage cabins with the windows open and the sounds of nature filtering in with the lake breezes is heavenly; a step back in time to simpler carefree "unplugged" days. The owner and staff have never been anything but friendly, accommodating and willing to bend over backwards to make your stay the most relaxing, stress-free and enjoyable it can be. As they advertise, they are a Minnesota Family Resort. If your focus is spending quality time making memories with your loved ones, relaxing and enjoying the outdoors, then you will love this resort.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Audrey B
PineBeachResort, Owner at Pine Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Wow!! Thank you for your kind words. This review puts a lump in my throat. I am so grateful that you took the time to put our feelings into words. I try very hard to create a safe, peaceful and relaxing environment for families and couples. It is so wonderful to see that for you, I have succeeded. Thank you again! Anne-Owner, Pine Beach Resort

Reviewed 14 June 2015

I have gone to Pine Beach with my wife's family the past 2 summers, and love it! The cabins are clean, and feel just like a cabin up north should - and I especially love that they do not have televisions in them! The owner is incredibly friendly and attentive. Pine Beach offers the perfect getaway to relax and recharge.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank scottie355

Thank you so much for your review, I appreciate you taking the time to post your your feelings about Pine Beach Resort. We are staying true to what we promise on our website and grateful for the positive comments. Anne-Owner, Pine Beach Resort

Reviewed 5 June 2015

We first arrived at Pine Beach when our youngest of three daughters was a new born. They learned the joys and value of a taking time off from their everyday lives. As parents, it was a chance for our children to enjoy the freedom of being children and over time grow with the experience of having a special place to return to each year.. As adults, we have the opportunity to lay back and relax.

If you are a party animal, this is not your place to vacation.

If you are adult with or without children and want to be around people who are seeking an experience of getting away from whatever stresses come with your day to day life, this is one place that will satisfy that need.

Mark
Ann Arbor, Michigan

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Mark J

Thank you for the kind words. I think you have captured the essence of what Pine Beach Resort is all about. One of my favorite sayings about Pine Beach Resort is that you can shut out the outside world while you are here and concentrate on what is truly important. I am grateful that you appreciate what we have to offer. Anne-Owner, Pine Beach Resort

Reviewed 5 June 2015

My family has been going to Pine Beach along with another family for over a decade. The owner, Anne and her family couldn't be nicer, and they take really good care of the resort. In response to previous negative reviews, this particular resort is not the place for excessive drinking and partying-- It is a community of families where people go to relax and enjoy nature.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Ali G

Thank you for your kind words. From children to adults, it makes my heart sing to see the difference Pine Beach Resort has made in the lives of others. We are a Minnesota family resort. Anne-Owner, Pine Beach Resort