“Fun pick for restaurant club”

Giuseppe's Italian Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in New Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We picked this restaurant for our monthly restaurant club because we used to live in the area, and we enjoy eating at non-chain restaurants. We had a party of 10, which is a big group for such a small restaurant, and they were very accommodating. Good food, and cute atmosphere.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I found this restaurant relatively near to my workplace. The sign is very visible at the street, but the restaurant is not located on the street. It is further in to the strip mall. Not a problem, just had to look for it. (The Deli/Restaurant that is in the front of the building did look interesting)

Typical, local Italian restaurant. The place is better than what the pictures online show. The food was average. The service was average. I may stop back to try the pizza.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Nice people. Good food. Interesting menu. I like that they have an Italian beer on tap. That's a nice touch. It was good too. I think it's a lager. I read good things about the bread basket and they did not disappoint. Lots of variety. The minestrone was excellent. I got a baked dish of like 4 different pastas (don't remember the name). It was pretty good. I liked​ the large slices of bell peppers and the chunks of sausage on top. Unfortunately I was so stuffed from the appetizer, bread, and soup that I couldn't really enjoy the main dish. My daughter got the fettuccine alfredo which was quite disappointing. It was virtually swimming in cheese sauce. I would definitely try this place again.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Giuseppe's has been a Northeast suburbs institution for many years - and for good reason: the delicious food. The bread and red sauce are extraordinary, and the surprisingly wide selection of pastas provide something for everyone. The pizzas are also tasty, but I come for the ravioli, manicotti, etc. The original owners, a wonderful Italian couple, retired and sold to one their cooks over a decade ago, but she has continued to provide top-notch food. It's a small place without reservations so get there early, especially on weekends.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We were pleasently surprised with this small restaurant off the beaten path. To start the bread basket is spectacular, fresh and soft, with a good variety. The pepperoni stuffed bread was our favorite. The main meal was very good and very generous for the price. I enjoyed the lasagna and my wife enjoyed her ravioli. However, we also had a meatball on the side and it was to die for. We ended the meal with tiramisu and it was fantastic. It was just the right amount of sweet. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for the food and the laid back environment. The staff was also very nice and accommodating.