“Messed up our reservations”
Review of Sibley State Park

Sibley State Park
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had reserved for July 18th and 19th. The person I set up the reservation with messed it up. I had called to make sure we had a spot before driving all the way up there. I am so thankful I did! At first they said my spot was at a different site then it was we never had reserved anything but they took my money for it! Then the story changed to it was reserved for June 18th and 19 at the original site I had reserved! There story keept changing all the time!!! I didn't call to make a reservation till the end of June so I have no idea how that happend!!!?? None of the staff I talked to knew how to do their jobs at all including the reservation phone line staff. I don't know if I will ever go to Sibley State Park after the bad experience we just had. They didn't help us at all because all sites where taken with electric and we had a travel trailer that we use. We didn't get to go camping at all those days we came back home. We where looking forward to spending time with my family up there. They keept saying our site was my brothers camp site and he was already checked in. I am so glad my brother called me to tell me our spot was being use so I could call and find out about this mix up that they never did even try to fix for us!!!! Idk if I'll stay at any state parks after this. Especially ones with a reservation line because they don't know what they are doing at all!!!!! All I can say is set your reservation online do not call the reservation they will mess it up like they did to me. Don't even try and talk to anyone when reserving your spot they don't know what they are doing but they still have a job but don't know how to do thier job correctly! SMH. We are very disappointed and upset our vacation was ruined!

2  Thank Becky123467

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Nice quiet park. Hiking trails and good look out. It is worth the time and money...we didn't explore much but it looked worthwhile to do so.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I came here for the hiking and was impressed with the lay of the land. There are some great spots with some really incredible views. When I made it to the top of Mount Tom there was a school group there getting some information about the area. I eves dropped on the class for awhile as I enjoyed the views from the top of the building. There were a few other "peaks" in the area that offered up some great views of the surrounding area. The trail along the lake was a nice way to finish off this hike. I would totally come back to hike again.

1  Thank Justin B
Reviewed 27 October 2013

this has been our destination for our week of family camping, every year for the past 17. nice campground. many miles of groomed trails, interpretative center is very well put together, many nice programs. very coveted campgrounds, so make your reservations very early.

1  Thank cdresser
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were in need of a tent site as it was getting late. We pulled in to Sibley State Park - they boast of many acres so we were shocked to see how all the tents and campers were packed into such a small area. There was zero privacy! Bathroom facilities were far from clean. Many dogs were running loose and over all very noisy. I'd camp on the side of the road before i'd be back there again.

That being said we did stay there in July so maybe it would be better in the fall.

2  Thank atigun