“Avoid It”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Colonial Inn

Colonial Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Ulm
Colonial Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New Ulm
Lees Summit
“Avoid It”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Room was old & torn up. Bed comforter had cigarette burn holes in it. Room reeked heavily of smoke. Shower was stained and delapitated. Not worth it, even at $50-$60 per night.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jacomo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Burnsville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

I reserved a room at the Colonial Inn earlier this month and was very surprised with what we got and what we paid for. I felt we got more than what we should have!! At check in, we spoke with the owner, Brandon, and he was very polite and informative. He gave us tips on what to do for our quick stay. The room was very clean and furnished with comfortable/clean furniture. Brandon did state that he is still in the works of remodeling the place, but what he has done so far is spectacular!! He should be proud of the reputation he is building there in New Ulm! I will definitely recommend this motel to others!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steebs3
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

My husband and I arrived after being on the road for almost 12 hours from Michigan for his work; he is a driver, who delivers parts for car factories, ect. When we arrived to New Ulm at about 5:00 in the morning, we initially drove by, but I was concerned about waking someone since it was dark. We drove a little further down to a chain hotel where someone is at the desk 24/7. They were very pricey and not friendly. Finally, I called to see if we could get a room for just part of the day to get in a nap before heading back to Michigan for another 12 hours. To my surprise, Brandon, the owner, answered the phone without making me feel any guilt. Although I'm pretty sure I woke him up, he sounded wide awake and was very willing to provide a room for us at that moment. Within minutes of my call to Brandon, we pulled in, and my husband went in the office where Brandon was waiting since he lives on the premises. They joked about the Minnesota Twins and Detroit Tigers. For the price of $35 dollars and the opportunity to stay until noon the following morning, my husband and I were quite pleased with our room. It was very clean, and it had a tv, armoire, place to hang clothes, a desk, chair, microwave, refrigerator, phone, and free wi-fi. The room really had all the features of a $100-$150 room. Although I'm from Michigan, I would recommend The Colonial Inn, an individually owned motel, to anyone who is on a budget looking for a clean, comfortable motel where the owner is extremely welcoming.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank amybarton
Sioux Falls, SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

The Colonial Inn is a no frills motel. The room was clean and there was a small fridge, which came in very handy.

The Super 8 and Microtel are other inexpensive alternatives in New Ulm, but this motel was $10 less than both of them. The Super 8 was smelly and the Microtel only had smoking rooms (which were VERY smoky) available for $60 a night.

New Ulm is a great town to meet up (its almost in the middle of Sioux Falls and Buffalo, MN). We had a lot of fun there and the Colonial kept our costs down so we could spend doing fun things like eating out.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Econo Lodge New Ulm
Econo Lodge New Ulm
#2 of 5 in New Ulm
Deutsche Strasse Bed & Breakfast

Been to Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!