Colonial Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
W.W. Smith Inn(Sleepy Eye)
Excellent 5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    Econo Lodge(Gaylord)
    Good 3.5/5
    View Hotel
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 22 January 2012

Of New Ulm,Mn.,is my "home away from home",as I am a long-haul Truck Driver,and I have yet to find in the U.S. a room with the rates which are here,and the friendliness,and helpfulness,of the Staff here simply cannot be beat..

Room Tip: Call ahead of time.
    • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
    1  Thank Brian N
    Reviewed 3 August 2011

My husband and I stayed for our 20th anniversary. I only choose this place because of other the other trip advisor comments. I was very pleased! We needed an escape from our kids and the world and that is exactly what we got. Our room was remodeled and very comfortable. The owner Brandon was very helpful and attenative. I would love to stay again! Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank CoodlasMama
    Reviewed 28 July 2011

Room was old & torn up. Bed comforter had cigarette burn holes in it. Room reeked heavily of smoke. Shower was stained and delapitated. Not worth it, even at $50-$60 per night.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Jacomo
    Reviewed 20 May 2011

I reserved a room at the Colonial Inn earlier this month and was very surprised with what we got and what we paid for. I felt we got more than what we should have!! At check in, we spoke with the owner, Brandon, and he was very polite and informative. He gave us tips on what to do for our quick stay. The room was very clean and furnished with comfortable/clean furniture. Brandon did state that he is still in the works of remodeling the place, but what he has done so far is spectacular!! He should be proud of the reputation he is building there in New Ulm! I will definitely recommend this motel to others!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Steebs3
    Reviewed 17 May 2011

My husband and I arrived after being on the road for almost 12 hours from Michigan for his work; he is a driver, who delivers parts for car factories, ect. When we arrived to New Ulm at about 5:00 in the morning, we initially drove by, but I was concerned about waking someone since it was dark. We drove a little further down to a chain hotel where someone is at the desk 24/7. They were very pricey and not friendly. Finally, I called to see if we could get a room for just part of the day to get in a nap before heading back to Michigan for another 12 hours. To my surprise, Brandon, the owner, answered the phone without making me feel any guilt. Although I'm pretty sure I woke him up, he sounded wide awake and was very willing to provide a room for us at that moment. Within minutes of my call to Brandon, we pulled in, and my husband went in the office where Brandon was waiting since he lives on the premises. They joked about the Minnesota Twins and Detroit Tigers. For the price of $35 dollars and the opportunity to stay until noon the following morning, my husband and I were quite pleased with our room. It was very clean, and it had a tv, armoire, place to hang clothes, a desk, chair, microwave, refrigerator, phone, and free wi-fi. The room really had all the features of a $100-$150 room. Although I'm from Michigan, I would recommend The Colonial Inn, an individually owned motel, to anyone who is on a budget looking for a clean, comfortable motel where the owner is extremely welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business