I love supporting friendly, family-owned motels and this is no exception. I got a clean room with wireless for a good rate ($45), but I was dissatisfied with several little things that lead to my two-star (below average) review, most of which would fall under 'maintenance and attention to detail':
1. The room smelled like some previous stayers had dogs. I'm not fond of dog smell.
2. The deadbolt didn't work. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but you turn the latch and nothing happens. That was a bit disconcerting.
3. The toilet seat was loose. Figured someone would've noticed that.
4. The sink drained very slowly.
5. I was concerned for longer than two minutes that my shower would turn out to be lukewarm at best. After a while the hot water kicked in.
6. I could smell an essence of cigarettes in the shower. Not sure how that's possible.
I also experienced road noise at night that made it difficult to get back to sleep.
That said, the bathroom was newly remodeled and pretty nice. The room had cable and a fridge and microwave -- always appreciated. Perhaps my experiences were unique to my room. However, if given the opportunity to spend a bit more at another location than to receive this room again, I would take it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 24 Ground floor rooms. Microwaves and Refrigerators in every room. Low weekly rates. Free high speed wireless internet. Free expanded cable and HBO. In room coffee ... more less