US$122
Agoda.com
US$111
US$89
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Econo Lodge(Gaylord)
US$86
US$61
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$83
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$77
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

This place is not a motel I would recommend. Smell is musty, window doesn't lock and hasn't been opened or cleaned in many years. Ac unit is loud, tried to sleep without it but woke up in the night to turn it back on. Maybe ok for local workers but certainly not up to New Ulm standards for a tourist. Was just as concerned about leaving our car in the lot based on what we observed. Has the basics but sheets were see thru, blanket torn. I would not return.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lori s
Reviewed 13 May 2016

I have stayed in many 5-star hotels over my lifetime, and as someone who frequents the suites of Las Vegas --- I know about top-tier rooms. I read some of these reviews and they are ridiculous. Of course this is not the Bellagio!

I've stayed at Colonial 3 times. The place is inexpensive and has great charm and character. The owner, Brandon, is tremendous, very focused on customer service. Very attentive to the guests' needs. The rooms have been remodeled and for a small-town motel, this is a wonderful property. Well worth the nighty fee.

Will be in New Ulm again in October and will stay again.

Room Tip: Love the corner suites
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

This is a mom and pop, so don't expect the perks of a chain. (breakfast, etc.)
Our room was clean, bed good and firm and the toilet took everything with flying colors. Our tub looked aged, but the shower worked great. We had a microwave and mini fridge, both worked. A very nice flatscreen T.v. was also in the room with plenty of channels. The parking lot was clean and the outside looks to have been painted in the not to distant past. Well worth the money we spent. It looks like they are trying to modernize and such. The wi-fi worked perfectly. A plus nowadays.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2015

I am not a picky traveler, and I usually stay at budget motels. I did not pick this motel, but had reserved a room in another motel in town that had unfortunately overbooked. That motel called and told me they had reserved me a room at the Colonial. I was not sure what I would find, based on the other (negative) reviews on TripAdvisor. The desk clerk was helpful with breakfast suggestions, and allowed me to check in after 11 pm. The facilities were adequate but there was a very unpleasant smell in the room, and for that reason, I would not recommend it to others.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank Jenseeker
Reviewed 8 February 2015

Went to the manager and told her that the toilet was running and the TV had no sound and would not turn off. She told me there was nothing she would do. She then told me she was calling the cops. Twenty minutes later, the cops knocked on my door waking me up saying that the manager said I was throwing f-bombs at her. After they came in and talked to me over the running toilet, they said to forget it and left. Never, never stay here.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
7  Thank William C
nucolonialinn, Owner at Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2015

William,

I'm sorry you had a problem with the TV and toilet in your room. We take pride in our room condition and spend thousands of dollars a month on repairs and maintenance. We repaired the toilet and replaced the TV soon after you checked out. We would have fixed it during your stay, however the employee working did not feel safe alone in your hotel room with you. The safety of our employees is extremely important to us, and I fully stand behind her decision to call 911. (This was her first time doing so in 15 years here). You were disrespectful, loud and obnoxious , and guests in nearby rooms complained about your noise throughout the night. We offered to give you a full refund, but you refused to leave. If I had been working that night, Please consider staying with one of the other fine lodging establishments the next time you choose to stay in New Ulm.
Thanks,