“Great food, Decor not so much”

Veigel's Kaiserhoff
Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in New Ulm
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

As others have said the decor is in serious need of an update. That said it didn't seem dirty, just very dated.

The food on the orher hand was very good. It's not the place to go if you are totally health conscience. That said tje food is delicous and plentiful. I had the Weiner Schnitzel and it was definitely some of the best I've had as was the spatzel. The sauerkraut is obviously made by the restaurant and excelent as well.

Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable on the menu.

I'm very health conscience so I'm not sure we will eat here again if we make it back to New Ulm. But for most people I whole heartedly recommmend the Kaiserhoff.

2  Thank Jeff L

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Do not judge a book by its cover. The décor is outdated and could use some updating, but the atmosphere and wait staff was great. I guess I was expecting the place to feel more German , but we went there to eat and the food was Outstanding. I highly recommend the German Sampler. Great flavor and more than you should eat!

1  Thank Phil B
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My family has eaten here since the 1970's and the ribs are our favorite. So is the Rays salad. Save room for the wonderful ice cream drinks.

1  Thank Honeyqueen2
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The ribs are great - everything else is like something from a chain restaurant. If your are looking for anything else, look elsewhere. This one keeps showing up in the guidebooks, and it is nothing more than one reviewer relying upon what someone else wrote, going back for decades.

1  Thank rhip
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The "K," as this restaurant has always been known, hasn't changed much over the past 50 years. There are still working table-side juke boxes and the menu is the same, too. (Except for the prices...) We ate there last summer with a German native. He said this restaurant is like the German restaurants of old. We had the German platter. Other favorites, like the Ray's salad and BBQ ribs, are still on the menu from when I was in high school--over 40 years ago! While the decor could use a facelift, there's something to be said for longevity!

1  Thank Connie S