“Very Good Restaurant in New Ulm, MN”

George's Fine Steaks & Spirits
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in New Ulm
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Oconomowoc
“Very Good Restaurant in New Ulm, MN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Had dinner at George's in New Ulm recently. The food was quite good, as was the beer. They offered several beers from the local brewery, Schell's Brewing Co. I had an excellent pasta dish, with very fresh rolls. The owner and the bartender were both very friendly.

• Visited September 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My boyfriend and I had a late dinner at George's on Saturday the 17th. Food was wonderful and our waitress was great! We sat upstairs at a window. Ambience could be improved on, but the food was great.

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Not terrible but won't go back.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We had fairly decent meals at George's. The steak I had was a bit tough but good flavor. My daughter enjoyed her pasta but couldn't eat the meatballs.
The biggest problem with the place is the atmosphere. Dated, loud and tacky. It's just one of those places that doesn't lure you back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank PrisonerMN
New Ulm, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over priced but decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I went for our anniversary. I am sorry to say that the quality of the steaks did not match up with the price we paid for them. Unfortunately our steaks did not come as ordered but both of them were a little over done, I can't complain too much as we didn't send them back. The char on the steaks was nice but they were under seasoned. That being said the owner was very nice, came over to our table to greet us. The baked potatoes and other accompaniments were spot on. Of special note was the portabella "topper". On the menu it doesn't say you're getting a mushroom stuffed with cheese and topped with fried onions, super yummy on a steak (I would have been content ordering that with the baked potato!). Probably the best food you'll find in New Ulm but for the price I've had much better steaks.

• Visited July 2013
Sioux Falls
“Great food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great steaks! They were cooked just as ordered...and I would definitely recommend the sautéed onions and mushrooms on top! The waitress was very accommodating for the special diet needs and checked back often. Small town hospitality at its finest!

Visited July 2013