“A unique and fabulous destination getaway.”
Review of Whistle Stop B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New York Mills
Whistle Stop B & B
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed in the Viking car. It had been pre-cooled ahead of time and the custom piano music was softly playing. Although we didn't meet the innkeeper until she delivered our wonderful breakfast the next morning, we felt very welcomed by two personal notes. We had our small dog with us which we had called ahead to OK and she was also welcomed. She even got her own dog treat with breakfast! The attention to detail was amazing! There was so much to look at and experience inside our train car. I will heartily recommend the Whistle Stop Inn to friends and hope to go back and stay in the other train cars or i.nside the beautiful Victorian house

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My brother and i stayed in the Viking Car at the Whistle Stop while exploring New York Mills and the surrounding area, taking lots of pictures for the elderly mother of a friend, who grew up in NYM and misses it a lot. Our hostess was very friendly and such a great cook for our breakfast! This is the most unique b&b I've ever been to. What a delightful concept--rehabilitated luxury railroad cars from the heyday of the luxury railroad railroad trains. Also, we found everyone in the town very friendly, and the Finn Creek open air Museum fascinating.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My daughters and I spent the night while on a tour of lakes area antique and specialty shops. The B and B was wonderful, food was great! We booked the Great Northern Room and it was perfect with the additional trundle bed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My Husband and I went to the Whistle Stop B&B for our anniversary. We stayed 2 nights. We have been to several B&B"s and we feel this one is by far the best one yet. The service is excellent and the breakfast was outstanding. I'm sure we will be back.. You must try to get there and see for yourself.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Palace Car. (an excellent car) I feel that a family would have a great time there...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beboop59
Reviewed 5 April 2013

A charming place and the frequent trains are a definite plus! They help you imagine you are traveling in your own private turn of the century train car...Just like the brochure says...relax, imagine,enjoy. I booked the trip knowing I would enjoy the uniqueness and was surprised by my husband going on and on about the experience. We just kept thinking of all the friends and family who would enjoy it too. Our hostess was a gem too and the breakfast included raspberry white chocolate scones! I haven't been able to stop thinking about this trip. We took my mother and sister too and they had the Viking car. We had the Palace. Wonderful.

Room Tip: If you like an infrared sauna get the Viking
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Being able to have privacy in such lavish accommodations during cold days in January in Minnesota is just what the doctor ordered to spend quality time with my wife. And to top it off, having a five star breakfast delivered every morning in a picnic basket was great so that we did not have to venture out freezing mornings. The breakfasts were awesome with a European flair. The train car offered a unique vintage hospitality, and the décor was top notch.

Room Tip: Be aware that real train tracks run about fifty feet away with the frequent freight trains rumbling...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuddKiefer
Reviewed 13 December 2012

This was our second trip. The first was in the Imperial car, we were in the Viking this time and looking forward to staying in the Palace car in the future. What a fascinating experience in such elegantly decorated surroundings. It is difficult to imagine how these cars could be transformed from what was intitially just a wreck. Enjoyed the sauna as well as the whirlpool tub. The sounds of the trains going by almost made one feel we were also going along with them. The sounds of the trains at night did not disturb our sleep at all. Our 'train trip' ended with one of the best breakfasts ever! Great Job all the way around.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Whistle Stop B & B? Share your experiences!