Lost Lake Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$68
US$66
Quarterdeck Resort(Nisswa)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$97
Grand View Lodge(Nisswa)(Great Value!)
US$134
Travelocity
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Pequot Lakes(Pequot Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$113
Madden's on Gull Lake(East Gull Lake)(Great Value!)
US$106
Travelocity
US$123
HIExpress.com
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake(East Gull Lake)(Great Value!)
US$106
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Nisswa Motel(Nisswa)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

If you are looking for a nice little get away try Lost Lake Lodge. They offer all the amenities one would need for a cabin experience however they go way above and beyond on their food offering. If you want to avoid cooking and preparing food and enjoy great meals this is the place to go. Breakfast choices are great and the dinner offerings are taken to another level. The food is nothing short of spectacular!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Conrade20
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This place has so much going for it....location, atmosphere and fabulous food. We were there for an all inclusive book club weekend. The resort really reflects north woods feel: carpet patterned with fish, tiny pine trees on wall paper, knotty pine wood walls, and very cool key chains shaped like fish and bears. This place has enough room to host a fun family reunion. Enough romance for couples. Activities for kids, plus a quiet beach. Loons were swimming along the shore. Very relaxing. Lots of extras included like canoes, kayaks, bicycles. Motor boats rent for extra. Lost Lake Lodge oozes history. Breakfast and dinner were included in our package, but the restaurant is also open to the public. Gourmet local food, but affordable menu. The walleye dinner was the best I've ever had. Also keep in mind, you don't want to sleep through breakfast. It would be a shame to miss such an innovative menu. unique quiches, omelets and pancakes....as well as standard eggs, hash browns, fruit. Quite an enticing selection. Also Flavorful homemade pastries and caramel rolls. About 14 cabins, so personal attention from the staff ensure a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Julie K
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Went here on vacation two summers ago!!! What a relaxing, wonderful place!!! From our first night late arrival care package, to the slightly sad send-off by the terrific staff, Lost Lake was a tremendous experience!!! Almost seemed like you were in the middle of nowhere, but were really only a few minutes drive from almost anything you might need that wasn't already provided!!! The food was amazing, the cabins comfortable and clean!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dubrodlic
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I am from the East Coast, and just started visiting Minnesota three years ago. Lost Lake Lodge has quickly become on of my favorite places in the country. First and foremost, the food is outstanding. To have these kind of meals included in your package is unheard of. The setting is idyllic. It's relaxing, quiet, beautiful and peaceful. There are numerous activities to do at the Lodge, and many more on the surrounding lakes and in the surrounding towns. Great for families or for couples. HIGHLY recommended.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NativeDC
Reviewed 20 June 2013

To start with, our family started coming to Lost Lake over 30 years ago when I was a young child. I took a break while living out of state and starting a family, but have been coming back about every other year for the past 6 years.

This year, I brought my parents and two younger children (11 and 9). We stayed in the 3-br cabin (17) and were very happy with the large layout and the overall amenities. They must have redone the beds as they were wonderfully soft and having a private bath for each room was great. There is no TV, but I'd be disappointed if there was. We really enjoyed our 4-day stay and enjoyed most of what the place has to offer.

A couple of items which I think others have stated that can continue to be improved is the overall service (speed). Now considering that this is a relaxed place, I don't expect fast. What I did see is that it seems that they were always one server short and that reminders were needed as they moved from table to table. I loved the breakfast selections and found the dinner menu quite nice. I do wish they offered at least one special a day (not just one or two days a week). Since staying here is not cheap, I do expect a high level of quality and service.

We loved playing on the quiet Lost Lake compared to the busy Gull Lake side and the children's program was very nice. One minor comment is that this year they were trying to charge to use the new paddle boards at their beach. My kids were playing on them for two days along with some other kids before we all were told. I personally feel that all non-powered items should be free and I shared that with management.

Overall, this was a delightful and relaxing four days and we already made reservations for next summer. I would also consider coming here just as a couple to enjoy the fall season-this is a romantic place too.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family