“Well worth the stop!”
Review of Lost Lake Lodge

Lost Lake Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Lost Lake Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 28 Restaurants in Nisswa
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: We had a great summer and that is thanks to all of you who came in and shared a special evening with us! We'll see you next spring!
Minnesota
“Well worth the stop!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

What an absolutely fabulous dinner beginning with the option to engage in a four course dinner with wine pairing or just order from the fabulous menu. Not a lot of deep fired here at Lost Lake Lodge. Rather, fresh and exciting offerings running the gamut from steak tartare to fresh fish selections. Outstanding restaurant tucked in the forest next to Lost Lake! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2014

Midwest
“Upscale dining in Lakes Area”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Lost Lake Lodge is hidden away in the woods near Nisswa. The restaurant caters to resort visitors but is open to the public. We had a nice dinner with excellent service despite the fact that a wedding party was being catered in the adjoining room. Food is upscale for the area but reasonably priced. I had perfectly prepared walleye with a lovely sauce. Spouse had an excellent filet mignon with asparagus, French Fries and a couple sauces. Good main courses. The salads were surprisingly vinegary and otherwise pretty ordinary. Breads were prepared on site, and the wine list was extensive.....though the one we wished to order wasn't available and we were steered to higher priced option. We had reservations but wouldn't have needed them as there were plenty of empty tables in the room in which we were served.

Little Falls, Minnesota
“New chef! and how!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It's a whole new game for dinner at LLL's cute (relaxed but elegantly designed pine wood, with nice view) dining room. Previously dinner was good-to-very-good, but markedly uneven. But the place has apparently made a real commitment with a new chef who has a truly deft touch with his new menu! It is trendy, as in tweeked flavors and very fresh-tasting, but thank heaven it is also classically comfortable food. No insecurities in this chef, he put his skills into the recipes and preparation, not wacko combinations.

The meals at our table were ALL as subtle and beautifully sourced as ANYthing in the Cities and beyond. Most outstanding to me? textures and mouth feel. I completely lost my sense of smell decades ago, and the chef's WONDERFUL attention to texture, both in writing the menu and the cooking, practically made me wanna weep. The mushroom pappardelle: fresh mushrooms full of flavor and cooked... well, just lovely-- not too oily, cooked until they were roasty and lush, not mush. Pork chop: delightful, better than memories of 'the way pork used to be', genuinely juicy not greasy, and tender tender tender. Walleye: so succulent, served with fun "shore lunch" accompaniments, and a darn sight better than actual shore lunches. Appetizers are so subtly handled. Puff pastry with depth of flavor, not greasy, actually worth eating. Cheese plate's portions were so perfectly sized for savoring, not getting stuffed. With the bit of honeycomb and the teeny bunch of raisins 'on the hoof'--it makes you smile. Oh, and I have to say a word about the cream-type sauces and soup. None of them were the heavy full cream & butter, coat-your-mouth variety that usually passes for Gourmet Cooking around here. This chef's are silky, fresh, melt in your mouth, and stacked with tinctures of contrasting flavors like bright, dark, sweet, tangy, mellow, umami. Even the ice cream (I'm guessing house-made) was subtle like this too-- not too sweet, a bit creamy, bright, and when I say "it melts in your mouth" I'm not just being silly: this stuff was nice and cold and fairly solid until it hits the warmth of your mouth when it became the most incredible texture, clean and clear and delicious.

The house cocktail list is usefully small and nicely varied. The service is pretty darn good and doesn't call attention to itself, which makes you feel like the menu and cooking does--cared about and cared for. The wine list has always been good. When I left I expected to feel stuffed, after all, I had eaten every bit of my own four-course meal, bites of my friends', some of the breads too, and wine. I was pretty darn full but I never did get to that unpleasant stuffed feeling. I credit the size of the portions which were perfectly suited to truly FINE food. I could totally savor all the flavors of a dish without getting so sated or full it blunted my ability to fully appreciate the next dish.

This must be how it's all supposed to be, and boy am I happy about it.

2 Thank Ollie0llie0llie
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Best. Walleye. Ever.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Memorable meal. This was the best walleye I've ever had. And in this part of the country that counts for something. Very interesting menu with multi-course dinner options. Lots of variety with local food. Chicken, steak, fish as well as vegan choices. This restaurant deserves to be better known. We also had breakfast here and were impressed with the creative menu. Besides exceptional food, this place is tops for atmosphere and north woods setting.

minnesota
“Great dinners, but service slipped 2013”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We've gone to Lost Lake Lodge for dinner for years. They have served some amazing meals in the gourmet category. The restaurant itself is small, intimate, and overlooks the lake. You'll see a beautiful sunset at dinner. It is safe to order just about anything on the menu. BUT, even with the best meals in the business, service is important. More than once last summer it took close to 90 minutes to get our meal. Hope LLL can improve for summer of 2014..It's always been a favorite for special occasions and you can go by boat!

• Visited June 2013