“A Few Good Items”

Jake's City Grille
Ranked #13 of 29 Restaurants in Nisswa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We ate here twice in the past week. The first time my husband and I had the seasonal strawberry spinach salad with chicken. It was excellent and fulfilled our wish for dinner. The second time, our daughter in law ordered the same item and the chicken was overdone/dry. Our son's fish and chips was barely edible. My chicken chop salad was tasteless My husband's avocado chicken pita sandwich was ho-hum.
Our grandson's mac and cheese obviously came out of a box. I've heard that the garlic chicken kabob is great, but did not try this as the garlic aroma seemed overpowering. Ambience is wonderful, lakeside on Gull Lake, with updated interior and exterior furnishings. Servers were cordial.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

We have always enjoyed our meals at Jake's, sometimes it's just appetizers, sometimes burgers. Always pleasant wait staff. Only problem is the place has low ceilings and tends to be loud. Food is good, soups and salads generous and tasty.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We were celebrating our 36th anniversary with our kids who moved to Minnesota last fall. Enjoyed dinner by the lake.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We came here 2 nights in a row because we really loved the view and the atmosphere and the food was really good. I REALLY loved their Fish and Chips and Walleye sandwich. You get huge portions and their french fries are really thin and perfect. None of my group was very impressed with our specialty drinks...between us, we got the Blueberry Mojito, a Manhattan, a Moscow Mule and the Sangria. None of us were crazy about them. The following night, we just got their beers and we were much happier with those. All of the waitstaff was very friendly and helpful. A fun place to go with a fantastic view! I highly recommend!

Reviewed 14 August 2016

We've been to Jakes once a year for the past 3 years and I could be mistaken, but it seems each time we go the prices are higher. Eating cheap this year cost about $15 a head and eating well cost about $30. The fries were so greasy I left them on my plate. The tacos were good. The salad with salmon was really good and I'd get it again. Three in the party had steaks which were slightly overdone but tasty. We sat outside on a nice August evening and were absolutely accosted by the flies. But it was too cold for us inside the restaurant. Not sure we'll be back.