“Nothing out of the norm, our hunt will continue.”
Review of Jake's City Grille

Jake's City Grille
Ranked #13 of 29 Restaurants in Nisswa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 February 2017

My wife and I have gotten tired of spending $50 on dinner and are currently trying to find a place that is worth our time and money.
We visited Jakes on a Saturday about 430pm a week ago. I have come to the realization that most every restaurant is the same old experience because they all have the same vendors. Sysco, Great Lakes Foods, and so on. If you start with the same pre-cut bagged ingredients there is nothing different than any other place that does the same. Too many places worry about their decor and atmosphere and not enough about the food they serve.
Sadly, Jake's is just the same thing in a different package.

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Never had a bad meal here!
On our list for when we trek out in this cold weather.
Menu is good, service great, atmosphere super!
We always enjoy dining with friends here for Sun breakfast after church , appetizers, evening meal. Take out is great.
My granddaughter worked there and the management is excellent!!!

Reviewed 7 December 2016

It took us two visits to get our first meal at Jakes on Gull Lake - the first one was on a day they were closed. There are a group of 5 of us who dine out for lunch on our birthdays and this was one of our best! Food was excellent, service was excellent and we all look forward to a return!

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Honestly I've been here about 10+ times, but got the fire-grilled chicken ciabatta the majority of the time. I love it too much to try anything else. Large portion sizes and great serving staff. One of my favorite restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

We ate here twice in the past week. The first time my husband and I had the seasonal strawberry spinach salad with chicken. It was excellent and fulfilled our wish for dinner. The second time, our daughter in law ordered the same item and the chicken was overdone/dry. Our son's fish and chips was barely edible. My chicken chop salad was tasteless My husband's avocado chicken pita sandwich was ho-hum.
Our grandson's mac and cheese obviously came out of a box. I've heard that the garlic chicken kabob is great, but did not try this as the garlic aroma seemed overpowering. Ambience is wonderful, lakeside on Gull Lake, with updated interior and exterior furnishings. Servers were cordial.