“Disappointment”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Nisswa
Excelsior
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We've stayed at Days Inns a number of times in the past, but this stay was so disappointing. We were told at check-in that the back entrance door wasn't working because it hadn't been set and they would be making sure it would be working as soon as "they had time to get back there and set it". We were in the very last room on the second floor so this was pretty important for our coming and going. It was never programmed, so we could not use it. When we went down for breakfast, there was nothing available so we went back to our room and tried again in a while. Next time we had to ask that something be put out and coffee made. Our fridge never worked (we made sure it was plugged in and turned up) so our pizza from dinner in Nisswa went bad. It may seem minimal, but to us it was really disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Days Inn Nisswa had a friendly staff. Hotel was near every place we needed to be . Enjoyed our stay. Our dog was very content; hotel was quiet. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Blaine, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We've drove by here many times and never thought much of the hotel until we tore the cabin down and didn't have a place to stay. I was warned that the management/ownership wasn't the best but for the rate I didn't care. It was Memorial Weekend and I had initially booked 2 nights then wanted to call and changed to one and was told there was a 2 night minimum, fine cancel the reservation, he didn't even try to get me to stay. After my next choice was sold out a few days later I called again to the Days Inn and was told if daysinn.com let you book one night I could do it, of course my AARP rate was since gone and I booked at a higher rate. Once getting to the hotel to check in (a female, thank god) I was told we had 2 reservations. My initial reservation never got canceled, she said she wasn't surprised, this happens often. She was nice enough to give me my first reservation at the cheaper rate and let me stay just one night. She said the pool had just opened up again after "renovations" (I think that meant they attempted to clean it) but there were still a few green spots they hadn't gotten out. The room was fine, the grounds were worse. A little Round Up in the rocks and mow the lawn the place would look better. Too bad this can't be a place for an inexpensive getaway in a normally expensive area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AmyKMinnesota
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nisswa
Madden's on Gull Lake
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter

Been to Magnuson Hotel and Suites Nisswa? Share your experiences!