“Great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Northfield
San Francisco
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed for two nights while attending our daughter's senior year voice recital at Carleton College. The property was very clean and attractive, with firm beds and a quiet room with everything in working order. Breakfast included a wide range of the usual fare -- my only suggestion would be to add some whole-grain offerings. As another reviewer said, there is no elevator. However, we had no trouble requesting a first floor room for when we return with my mother-in-law for our daughter's graduation. As we are from California, we were not familiar with the chain, but found it a cut above our experiences with Holiday Inn and similar properties -- for a competitive price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LRosenberg_12
Paul M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank you very much for providing your review of the AmericInn in Northfield, MN.

We will look at options for more whole grain items in our breakfast area. We want to provide these things that our guests would typically have at home so that you feel even more comfortable when you come to stay with us. Should you have any specific ideas on this front I would truly like to hear them! My email address is Northfield.mn@americinn.com and I am always interested in guest ideas and feedback.

Thank you again and we hope to see you in Northfield on a future date!

Best wishes,

Paul J. McGuire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lucasville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

When planning a visit to see my godson at Carleton I looked online to see what was available hotel-wise. I found there are four places to stay: two relatively cheap places, AmericInn, and Archer House. After reading the reviews of the two other hotels (which were uniformly bad) I decided not to take my chances and, since I didn't feel like dealing with quaint, booked a room here. I stayed three nights.

The place is spotless, the staff friendly (heck, everyone I met in town was friendly and nice!) and the fact that it was a suite was a nice bonus.

I liked the fact that, along with the usual waffle-cooker, they had "patties" of scrambled eggs and sausage patties two mornings and ham slices in between. I prefer sausage. No, it wasn't freshly scrambled eggs and just fried sausage, but was still tasty and gave me the protein I wanted with my waffle.

The only negative I have is a personal taste one, in that the bed was a tad firmer than I like--but then I like a soft mattress so I usually have the same negative point. It wasn't rock hard, just firm.

Oh, the other thing is that it has what has become the hotel standard in HVAC and that is the heat exchange unit in the wall under the window. I understand why hotels go with those instead of a central a/c and heat system, but I don't like them. Nothing I can do about it, but make a comment.

I will definitely stay here during my next visits. I'd like to be able to stay here when I attend his graduation, but I think that I'll have to be extremely lucky to be able to get a room for it!

Room Tip: As others have said, the second floor is reached by stairs only.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Tom_and_Rhonda
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a review on our property in Northfield, MN.

Reading comments such as those you presented make it so easy to make tweaks and changes, or to continue providing the services you desire and enjoy.

We appreciate any and all feedback and again, thank you for your review.

Northeast Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at the AmericInn in Northfield for a few days while visiting Carleton. The manager and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and beds very comfortable. Loved the outdoors theme of the lobby! Overall experience was great and would definitely stay there again. I had never stayed at an AmericInn before and because our experience in Northfield was such a positive one, we sought out an AmericInn in another midwestern state to stay at during our two day drive back home to the Northeast.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank anne536
guy0611, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Northfield. I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful experience and thank you for letting us know about it.

The AmericInn brand is built on friendly people, clean, well appointed properties, and a desire to be the best in our segment. We truly appreciate you putting your faith in us and thank you again for choosing to stay with our hotels.

I hope the rest of your travels were as pleasant as your time in Northfield.

Best wishes!

AmericInn Northfield
Indiana, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed one night here last week during an event at Carleton college. It is right in Northfield and easy to find on Highway 3. Of the local options available, this is definitely one of the best. It was clean and relatively new. It is not fancy, the beds and pillows are not deep and luxurious, but it is clean, new, has good sized, well equipt rooms, and was very quiet and private. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was a hot fresh version of your normal continental spread. If you have a problem with stairs, be sure and ask for a room on the first floor, as there did not seem to be any elevator for guest use. I think they have a pool, but I did not look for it. The WiFi was great in the room and in the breakfast area.

I would stay here again if it was important to stay in town, but there are nicer hotels in the twin City subarbs that are more comfortable, if you don't mind the drive.

Room Tip: This is a two story hotel without an elevator, so ask for the first floor if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Familytraveling09
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us this month. I am very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and hope you will do us the honor of staying with us again on your next trip to Northfield.

Thank you again!

Best wishes,

AmericInn Lodge & Suites
Northfield, MN
Fairbanks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Most recently stayed here in October, 2011, and realized that after staying here at least 10 times in the past few years, I should write a review! This visit was an emergency, last-minute arrangement, and the room reservations got a bit confused due to the change in plans. We were told by a night clerk that we would have to check out of our room and into a different one, and the move had to be done on an extremely busy morning. But the manager was helpful as ever and managed to rearrange rooms so that we could stay put. Since it was a stressful visit, it was nice not to worry about the hotel arrangements.

It's not a fancy place; breakfast is simple. But it's super-clean, efficient, comfortable and quiet, and not bad prices. And a 10 minute walk from downtown Northfield (I'm not an athlete, just a middle-aged average person.) I like staying here whenever I'm in Northfield and the staff are always helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: If you take a suite, get one away from the lobby; the sound can travel upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sugismama
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

I travel by car a lot and have come to look for AmericInn wherever I go. I've tried nearly every motel chain, and always come back to AmericInn. It's partly the good bedding, partly the quiet rooms, partly the generous hot breakfast, partly the pleasant staff, but mostly the reliability in the chain. With few exceptions, a traveler can be assured that it will be a good experience. Northfield's AmericInn is a good example of that welcoming, high quality, friendly service, and spotlessly clean rooms and lobby. Bring your swim suit as the pool is great. Internet service is excellent.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank snowlizard
Clinton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

If you are looking for a good very basic accommodation this is a fit. Rooms are clean and well appointed for the price. Everything was in working order, beds are comfortable, bathroom clean and roomy. Rooms were also quiet.

The only issue we had was the heating system cycles on and off which wakes everyone up throughout the night.

Front desk staff very nice and looking to help.

Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank triptroll
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northfield
Archer House River Inn
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault
Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield? Share your experiences!