“Comfortable bed, soft sheets, bud disgusting jacuzzi.”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Northfield
“Comfortable bed, soft sheets, bud disgusting jacuzzi.”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I was disappointed we couldn't find a hotel right on campus, but the americinn isn't far away, and there's a lovely path that will get you there on foot. I really had no complaints until I took a jacuzzi bath and discovered a greasy brown ring around the edge of the tub. I thought maybe it was a stain but it wasn't. That ring had to have been there for some time. Although the hotel seemed clean, that made me wonder.

• Stayed September 2012
Paul M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Thank you so much for writing this review.

I am embarassed to see the condition of the jacuzzi tub in your room upon arrival. I took the liberty of printing this photo as well as your review for our housekeeping staff to help avoid this issue in the future. I'm not certain how this was missed but thank you so much for alerting me to it.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know this happened - I sincerely appreciate your patience with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity to meet your expectations if you are in Northfield again.

Paul McGuire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We were lucky to find this hotel to be pet-friendly. We have a daughter who lives in Northfield but doesn't have room for us to stay with her and her cats don't like our dog. The rooms are large and roomy. The professional pictures show the old type of hotel bedspreads but they use nicely updated bedding now. We kept our 3 year old granddaughter with us and she spilled water on the carpet and while wiping it up I was happy to notice that the carpet was clean. So many times when you check in with a dog you get the worst room. That was not the case here. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is typical but good and fresh. The pool area is nice and roomy. You don't get splashed everytime someone jumps in the pool.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the suites and it is nice to have an extra room and refrigerator but the regular r...
1 Thank LeonaM529
Ventura
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Room was fine, but a bit worn. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was horrible -- stale muffins, bruised fruit, bitter coffee. Be warned that there's no elevator so if you're on the second floor you'll have to carry your bags up. (Normally that's not a big deal, but on college move-in day that can be a pain.)

2 Thank guacomole
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 7 September 2012

There are not an abundance of options in Northfield, especially during college drop-off during the fall. We stayed here for one evening. The staff is the best part - genuinely nice people. Our son's room smelled a bit musty. I mentioned it to the front desk and they said they would get an ozone machine to fix the problem. As we only stayed for one night, I have no idea if this did work. The rooms are serviceable, but basic. No fridge. The location is convenient - off the main highway through town, but not within walking distance town. Breakfast is included, but it was very uninspired- could have used a little fresh fruit and better quality food. We will stay here again in a month for Parents' Weekend and I'm already planning to find breakfast elsewhere. The pool looked nice, but we did not use.

Room Tip: ask for room on the second floor to help avoid parking lot noise.
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed 5 September 2012

nothing more than a motel 6ish hotel.
expensive for what you get.
sheets were torn though
staff is nice
hot tub was very nice and relaxing and warm even!
Rooms could probably use some updating but overall it was fine for an overnite stay
Friendly staff and nice on the phone-- breakfast was ok maybe a few more selections would be ok but it is included in the room so it was fine...

close to st olaf college so it is a good place for parents and families to stay when moving kids in or out or visiting-- so nice on the phone when we called to get reservations especially Paul.

rooms were clean and the pool area was also very clean.

St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night so that we could attend my cousin's wedding at Carleton. Because it was such a short stay, we didn't spend much time at the hotel or use too many of its amenities. However, from what I could tell, this was equivalent to the other Americinns we've stayed at before. While you won't get any fancy decor or food, the lobby, room, and free breakfast were all adequate. I’d say the highlight at this particular location was the staff – they were quite friendly and efficient. The location was definitely convenient for our purposes, being just a quick 5 minute drive up the hill to Carleton. However, those looking for small town ambiance should note that the location of this hotel will leave something to be desired. It is surrounded by strip malls and similar businesses. To sum up, if you are looking for a solid, convenient, and inexpensive place to stay while visiting the area, I’d recommend it. If you are looking for a romantic getaway in the countryside, I’d consider another lodging option.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our property. I'm pleased to see that we met your needs while you were in Northfield. We hope to see you again in Northfield soon.

Paul J. McGuire
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 June 2012

When making reservations for a motel in Northfield for a wedding I had to choose between the Country Inn or AmericInn. I have always liked staying at AmericInns, but I thought I would try some thing different. Bad move. They messed up our reservations so we had no place to stay, but AmericInn came to the rescue! They had a recent cancelation that they held for us to get there and booked us into a very nice room.
The next morning I was so surprised by the breakfast! Wow, eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, muffins, etc and the Sunday comics, all in one place. Thank you AmericInn, and Brianna, for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeff S
Paul M, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We are so happy to see we were able to help you get a room in our very busy city. It can be a challenge at times!

I will let Brianna know that you were pleased with her service, and again, thank you for choosing AmericInn in Northfield.

Paul J. McGuire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northfield
Archer House River Inn
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#5 of 5 in Faribault
Americas Best Value Inn - Faribault

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield? Share your experiences!