“Clean, Quiet & Comfortable...only needs better coffee”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Northfield
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed at Americinn Lodge & Suites with our quartet for a String Quartet Competition at St. Olaf. We had two rooms, one suite and one queen double. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. The quartet had a good night sleep after a long drive to Northfield from Chicago. The entire group are coffee drinkers and were looking forward to a good strong cup of coffee in the lobby, unfortunately, it was very weak and tasteless...breakfast was okay - it was all we needed to start the day. We had to make an emergency stop at Caribou Coffee to get our caffeine fix. The desk staff was excellent - very accommodating and kind.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We've now stayed at the AmericInn around 6 times over the past year. The Inn is the all about service and experience. And it starts with the GM Paul. He's the face and the spirit of the place. He gives undivided attention to each person. He's focused on your needs and takes the action to make it work. It's more than just the little things like remembering each person's name.

A quick example. We'd stayed there once on a school visit. I called to see if we could have books and things shipped from Amazon to the Inn, so we wouldn't have to carry them on the plane. I remember Paul's response, "I've been here for 13 years, and we've been doing it since it was an option."

The rooms are well kept. The beds are firm and clean. Everything is clean and comfortable. My only ding is there is no elevator to the 2nd floor, so make sure to request a first floor if you have limitations.

I have to add that we had the suite with the whirlpool last time. Like most hotels I've stayed in, they are actually in a corner of the room. I'll say it was pristine.

BTW - Did I mention that Paul is outstanding and is why the AmericInn is rated at the top of TripAdvisor for Northfield.

Room Tip: There's no elevator to the 2nd floor, so make sure to inform the hotel if you have any limitatio...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have stayed at every hotel in Northfield and this is the best. Clean and roomy accommodations. In a nice quiet area near the river. I needed to stay an extra night, but the internet said there were no rooms. Upon a friendly check in they found me a better room and charged me the same price. I have to be in northfield once a year and this is where I'll stay. Also, close to many restaurants either walking or a short drive. Thanks Paul!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is always well-staffed and clean, but Easter weekend 2014 I accidentally booked a room with two queen beds instead of the king-sized bed I wanted. The staff was courteous and fixed my problem immediately. I'm really pleased with the service I receive at this hotel, it's my four time to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had one Manitoba Blizzard soccer team stay here in 2013. We were so impressed that we brought another team as well in 2014. Paul M. and his staff were extremely pleasant and helpful throughout our stays. They were very accommodating to both our players and families. Great communication! Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, there was lots variety and plentiful. Beds are comfortable and very clean rooms. Housekeeping was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My extended family always stays at Americinn in Northfield when we have our Christmas in town. It is very convenient for all of us. Easy to get in and out of. The kids love the pool, eveyrone loves the breakfast, and we are always impressed by the friendliness of the staff. No worries here.

Room Tip: You are right off the highway, but we have never experienced a problem with noise. If that is an is...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ruth4090
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Northfield
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault
Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Northfield

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield? Share your experiences!