“the very best pizza in town!”

Basil's Pizza Palace
Ranked #7 of 53 Restaurants in Northfield
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
northfield
“the very best pizza in town!”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We have side by side compared the cheese pizza from all of the pizza places in town and this is by far the best!! Fresh ingredients, yummy cheese, hand made pizza dough. They are open till really, really late and deliver too. dine is nice atmosphere because you can watch them making the pizza. They also have pastas, gyros, salads and sadwiches.. everything is yummy and a good value for your $

Visited February 2012
1 Thank aschurch

Grand Marais, Minnesota
“Alright, but don't get excited.”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We went to Basil's for our one dinner of our stay. It was great to walk there. It has a nice location, but the atmosphere is really not that special. The servers were pleasant, but the food did not impress us. We ordered poppers (my wife had a craving) and a pizza. 'Course I'm spoiled on wood-fired pizzas. I'd go here over a pizza chain ANY day.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Pizza in Northfield”
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I live in Lakeville and sometimes I'll make the 30 minute drive for their Gyro Pizza. It's totally worth it. The quality of the food is amazing and the prices are very decent. Brings back memories of life on the hill.

1 Thank ZA2008
Northfield, MN
“best pizza anywhere”
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Pizzerias in Chicago, New York, and elsewhere could learn a thing or two from Basil's. Don't overcomplicate the menu. Do what you do really well. Use fresh ingredients. Treat customers well. I agree with the last post - this is a Northfield institution, and for good reason. It's still going strong.

1 Thank Brother_Ray_24
Upstate, NY
“Best in town”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Basil's is great thin crust pizza (best cheese around), cooked perfectly, great gyros, fries are the best in town. If they served me a piece of backlava the size of the table, I'd burst before I'd stop eating it. Great people, great atmosphere. A Northfield institution!

2 Thank Im_with_Bobo