“Great Value”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Northfield
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Northfield
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Over the 4 years that my daughter has been a college student in Northfield, I have stayed at all of the hotels in town. My experience at this hotel was excellent - room was clean, bed comfortable, all appliances worked well, staff were helpful, breakfast was just like all the rest of the hotels, and it was quiet. I only heard a barking dog a couple of times and that was in the middle of the day so it was no problem. I can agree that there is a bit of an odor in the hallway, but there was no smell in my room. For half the price of the "nicer" hotels it town,it is well worth it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed here two nights while visiting colleges in the area and had a pleasant experience. The room price we got was great, and the room itself was clean, with everything working and ship-shape - including the wi-fi. Breakfast was better than expected and the service staff were very attentive and accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Hotel smeells like a combo of pet dander and cigaret smoke rooms smell the same .
You get what you pay for and that's true discount hotel so if u don't have any extra money It will do just fine price should be lowered a little or fix the stuff below but I understand its not a 4-5 star 250$ room but its easy to remove that smell
Bottom line it had rooms open thank god but would never have stayed if the other hotels had rooms ..needs some work that's obvious inside and out but nothing expensive at all pretty much all labor hire a new property manager that has respect for his work and done..... 1--PAINT building to at lest try an compete with your competitors down the street on the highway..

2-- shampoo the dang carpets! what 20 min max each room if you own one ? Hope so

3--fix little easy stuff like the other comments on here easy faucets etc yes I looked at them was wondering how many other people had my same issue and they do over 50% do might wanna take that as a sign.
Really that's it average hotel ..

Place could be average 2-3 stars
Just don't let people smoke in the non smoking rooms and only allow pets in certain rooms would do a lot for the musty smell just buy a carpet cleaner a good one I'm guessing that wood fix the problem and make it move up a star by removing the pet dander and whatever smell and this carpet machine would be free if you used the pet deposit money towards it please fix the smell no idea why u have not already the reviews are here to help not only the customer but also the owner I would use this as free advice that people do not wanna say to you or your staff in person then correct it ASAP or figure out who is accountable for this then respond back to ...

Trip adviser can make u extra money for you doing nothing or cost you money for doing nothing ... Simple as that.

1--- respond back to asap trip adviser saying smell no longer a problem we stand behind that word it better than that ..weather or not u think there was a smell more than likely its true I'm guessing the person in charge here smokes maybe or has a weak sense of smell . ?respond back to trip adviser they might remove the post if not you show you care saying It was addressed and not a problem anymore stating what u did to fix it or what u did even though you did not smell anything or u did smell it whatever .
!!!easy fix shampoo rooms

2- apologize to the guest that had to deal with this smell problem offer them something anything even an apology saying there issue was addressed and fixed out of the respect you have for your customers .manager has access to do this with trip adviser and should because u pay him to do his job and if he does not search reviews to always try to improve your hotels ratings etc he simply does not care easy as that .fyi Internet is what 80% of people use to locate a hotel and with the hi tech collage not one but 2 u think in that little town u own this hotel in visitors might using the web to find a place to stay I think so I'm but I would assume the owner or investor group is not close by or the property manager would be fired...

Ok this comment is different yes the reason being I can not stand places that have the issues brought up well more than one time and do nothing I spent way to much time doing this but place upset me bad get a clue any person can smell this and get a different staff front desk does not care or even ask how it was I just made a statement the about the smell she replied with ya I'm sure it does .. So ok I'm done look at the reviews I'm wasting time workers or manager have heard about the problem that's a fact ..

I'm not an expert on hotels at all and wouid not wanna be at all but I own several places of business and do understand keeping it up and what it takes to get repeat customers to back for over 20 years come to my shops I own 8 auto care centers and would say my shop we work in smells a bit better than your rooms and my lobby is cleaned every night or the manager takes the blame not the employes that clean then he disciplines them in his own fashion for they are a team and kinda like a chain effect I just start the effect and they end it.. But we never have that problem more than a time or two because I only hire employee that treat it like there own out oc respect for how I treat them I'm done. Thanks for wasting my time making me right this like I wanted to take a clue

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Minneapolis-autos
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Everything, I mean EVERYTHING else was booked up, so I was a little concerned about what the accommodations would be like at Americas Best Inn, but I can't complain. And for the price, it was a nice deal. The room was clean, the bed good and firm, and the water hot. The staff was helpful and though the room smelled a bit stale, windows could be opened for fresh air.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank okie56
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed here for a wedding in June. The pool was so cold I couldn't get more than mid calf deep, although my excited 5 year old didn't seem to care. The lights in the pool room kept flickering non-stop. The bed was practically on the floor. I see others noticed the odd smell like we did too. The AC wasn't your typical HVAC you see in hotels- it was a WINDOW UNIT AC!! Makes me wonder what they did for heat in the winter. The power went out about 6am for about 3 hours (1/2 hour of that our smoke detector beeped uncontrollably) . Not hotel's fault, but still inconvenient. Front desk staff wasn't overly friendly. I appreciate when the staff asks at check out how everything was..didn't happen. Granted it is a college town and few selections in hotels, but horribly over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed here in April when making a college visit. Now we are planning a trip to move our child into the dorm. This was the only hotel in Northfield with available rooms, but rather than stay here, we plan to stay in a hotel in FaIribault, which is 12 miles away. Best Value Inn was overpriced for a room that was not clean, hallways that had a strange smell, and just overall seediness. Why they don't aspire to higher standards is puzzling.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This is the worst hotel I've ever encountered and I've been to a good number. The place reeks of old cigarette smoke. It's everywhere. The website says "free internet." Ha. I needed the internet and it was nonexistent. When we first checked in I noticed it wasn't working. The clerk said it was "down." I said, "When will it be back?" Shrug. I came out to ask again two hours later. She then said someone had been able to connect if they sat in the lobby. I tried that. No luck. So I paid for a room with internet and didn't have it for my entire stay. I had to go sit at Perkins for a few hours to get my work done. Response from the owner: tough luck. There are a few other places to stay in Northfield. Please, do yourself a favor and stay at one of them and not at this dump.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northfield
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault
Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Northfield? Share your experiences!