Outing Lodge at Pine Point
Agoda.com
US$59
US$53
TripAdvisor
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater(Stillwater)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$117
GrandStay
US$113
US$109
Water Street Inn(Stillwater)
US$230
US$224
Royal Inn - Hudson(Hudson)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$65
Official Site
Quality Inn(Hudson)
US$85
Priceline
US$94
US$103
All reviewsbed and breakfastpine pointwine and cheese tastingsweet dogweekend weddingchocolate labbreakfast was deliciousgateway trailhistorical buildingfresh fruitcommon areasouting lodgerobert frost roomcarlottacocoastillwaterfuton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2013

we rented every room in the place for an entire week-end. we did have a blast with various entertainment brought in, and great walking trails around the property. the rooms themselves are really bad. absent are electrical outlets with surge protectors laying on the floor. you will sneeze constantly from the DUST! ... the bedding is vintage 1960 garage sale ... the bathrooms are terrible. there is nowhere to set your bathroom "stuff", sinks and fixtures have been moved over the years without replacing the tile or grout (holes in floor and walls), the shower was straight out of 1950 with tape and calk holding it together ... not to mention the $19.99 heater that looked like a fake radiator in the bathroom .... there was NO knob on the bathroom door at all! .... there was literally 2 feet of hanging space in the beat up closet full of hotel "crap" ... we had a porch we couldn't open the doors to because it was sealed off from bee infestation! all this for a meager $275 PAID IN ADVANCE so we couldn't do anything about it! that, by the way is Carlotta's (owner / manager) way ... you will pay for EVERYTHING is advance, so that when you discover that the place is terribly run down, the food is bad, her dog is EVERYWHERE, you will have absolutly no ability to do anything about it.
don't get burned on this run down, ill cared for place. she needs about $500K to bring it up to Holiday Inn standards .... and a very long lesson in HOSPITALITY!

Room Tip: stay away from all rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank dave b
carlota1, Manager at Outing Lodge at Pine Point, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

We are happy to learn you enjoyed The Lodge’s grounds and the opportunities and memories it represents for you and your guests. The Lodge makes a beautiful stage for a wedding or any family gathering. Your feedback regarding the interior is appreciated. We do our best to satisfy all our guests, but realize it is not always possible. The Outing Lodge is an interesting and different place, located in a farm property founded in 1858 with 300 acres of park and trails surrounding the house.
We don’t present ourselves as a chain hotel. Our facility is authentically old, rustic and unique. In regards to what you refer to as “run down” facility, I would agree that the Lodge is not by any means in perfect –up to date and new- condition. Being that most of the main building dates back to the 1920’s, it is true that it lacks some everyday conveniences that you might find at a modern hotel.
I am surprised that nothing was mentioned to desk staff or myself during your stay or event next morning (since you stayed for two-nights). We do welcome opportunities to help our guests with their needs during their stay. We are very sorry that we were not offered that chance. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you suffered during your stay. We pride ourselves in our hospitality service, our cleaning staff, and our excellent cuisine.
During your event, I received several “compliments and hugs” from many guests, including the bride and groom, and also from other family members and friends complimenting me personally on the wonderful food and service.
Our policies regarding advance payments for whole house bookings are typical for the industry and since outlined as such in your contract (signed with long anticipation) we’re surprised by your objections to them now in this public forum.
It is standard procedure in the hospitality business to receive payments for services ahead of time, especially when dealing with large groups who are reserving an entire facility for an extended period of time and for significant amounts on the estimate and invoice.
I am very sorry that you accuse me of being lacking in hospitality. It is a part of my responsibility to make sure that payments are received fully and in a timely manner (at the very minimum, before the event starts). The request of payment might be seen as an ‘unfriendly’ gesture. For sure that was not the intention and I apologize personally if I seemed unfriendly or lacking in hospitality for that reason.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Rooms for over $200.00 a night were not worth the money when you could not access the porches because of the infestation of wasps, old dusty fabrics on the furniture and bedding, and the lack of outlets and lighting in the rooms and bathrooms made it impossible to get dressed. The breakfast was average. The owner was rude and hard to work with. The only redeeming quality was the gardens, and the extra staff brought in for the wedding reception. Casey, you and the servers were fantastic !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank pat b

The person writing this review is the wife of the person writing the "this lodge is in serious need of cash". I am responding this review with a copy of the same reply because basically it is the same review, posted twice. As follows:

During your event, we received several “compliments and hugs” from many guests, including the bride and groom, and also from other family members and friends complimenting me personally on the wonderful food and service.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My wife and I stayed there on a Sunday night recently. What a cool place!! Awesome rich, vintage woodwork all over, just a really different feel to it compared to a sterile hotel room. Our room was huge, comfortable, and the bed was super comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding, everything tasted great. It would be an awesome site for a big family gathering, or friends party, or a wedding party (they do a lot of that). Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Each room is themed. Our room had an Eva Peron theme. Ask the owners about each room's theme, but regardless I'm sure they're all equally cool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I purchased a Crowd Cut offer to stay at this beautiful, old lodge. The purchase was quite a good value, and we enjoyed the lodge, property and location so much that we are sending our daughter and son-in-law to stay there as well. To begin with, we appreciated the welcome email just prior to our visit with directions and information. Diana was wonderfully accommodating when we arrived and took the time to show us to our room and around the lodge. She also was gracious to show us other rooms that were either being cleaned or already for the next guests. Many of the rooms are quite large and spacious (#6 and #8). Our room was very clean with excellent air conditioning for a comfortable July stay. The property grounds are very pretty with a blooming garden and well kept lawn. Choco, the chocolate lab greeted us upon arrival. He is a very gentle sweet dog. The lovely Carlotta and her husband (owners) took the time to talk about their past efforts and future plans for the property, which is restoration/creation of two large outer buildings being built in European style. The exteriors of these buildings are very lovely - the interiors are not yet started. I would love to return when these buildings are completed. The work is progressing in line with finances and renewable material. As for the lodge itself, the foundation/basement was built in 1858; the main floor and second level in 1920's. Large planked wood floors and walls gave me the feeling of a hunting lodge, but a bit more elegant. The Outing Lodge is about 10 - 15 minutes from Stillwater and very secluded in the country. We enjoyed a 1.5 hour walk exploring the park and adjoining neighborhood (with large homes, fenced horses, private gardens, etc). Aamodts Apple Orchard and the St. Croix Winery are near the lodge on the road to Stillwater. Stillwater offered fine dining, oil/vinegar tasting, wine and/or beer tasting, shopping, river activities, city tours, and many other wonderful activities to keep everyone happy. We ate at the MarX Wine Bar and had an incredible dinner! We also sat on the REV patio and enjoyed lunch while people watching. Both places offer excellent wines. We also had a wonderful and very full breakfast at the lodge with pastries, yogurt, fruit, cheese, ham, eggs and french toast. Everything was on time and delicious. When our weekend was over, my husband thanked me for the wonderful B&B excursion which fully met/exceeded our expectations. (Side note: Carlotta is from Argentina and very much adds to the charm of the lodge. She is a very beautiful and well spoken with an inviting and open personality.)

Room Tip: I like spacious rooms, so the Robert Frost (#8) and Eva Peron (#6) are good choices.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Don and I went to the outing lodge for a theme dinner last winter .. It was our first visit to this Romantic lodge.When we walked through the door we were welcomed by a guest manager
she gave us the grand tour . Once we were settled in our room we walked downstairs and sat by a open faced wood burning fireplace. The stone was beautiful surrounding it.We visited with many guests around this warm fire.Than we were escorted to our table for appetizers and all the wine you could drink.The food followed and it was very good .Upstairs there is a very quant library and games galore .The outing lodge can be described as a feeling of traveling back in time for a peaceful,rustic,relaxing moment . A get away to enjoy peace and quiet.We loved it very much.

Room Tip: Corner suite is large and sunny
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple