“Not my first pick....”

Ranked #25 of 30 Restaurants in Oakdale
Cuisines: American
“Not my first pick....”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Other then my friends being at Riley's (and one of the only bars in Oakdale) , i would never go. The bartender was rude, we asked for 2 different shots for 3 people and she complained about one being different.... Then we go to the patio and every table had glasses on them. It's dirty, dingy and the service is bad.

• Visited July 2013

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Bar food and poor service makes this a difficult place to eat”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This restaurant has changed hands several times over the last few years and it looks like they are still drastically in need of a manager. A restaurant this size needs more than 1 person tending the bar and three people tending the tables. The wait staff was definitely overburdened with the entire bar area full the waitresses had to get their own beverages, seat people, clear tables and I would be surprised if they weren't making some of the food.
It took about 15 minutes to get a menu, another 10 for the waitress to return for drink selections and we forced her to take our order at that time. If I were not with a group of hungry people I would have walked out. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of our dining experience.
When the food arrived 20 minutes later my hot Italian sandwich was no longer hot, both the french fries and the au jus cold. The waitress pretty much dropped off the food and ran off, so after 5 minutes of waiting to inform her my food was cold, her response was "Okay!" and then again she was off. I had to get her attention again to find out what her plans were to take care of the cold food. At that time she said "I put in a new order." and again was off to another task. As I ate the cool sandwich a new plate of fries and au jus were eventually delivered.
Other people in my group had the chicken, pizza and supposedly famous BBQ Ribs. The deep fried chicken was the best meal at the table.
After eating it took another 15 minutes to flag down the waitress to bring the check. Our plates were never cleared and we had to get to-go containers from the bar.
This restaurant was visited after purchasing a Groupon and after the experience we encountered this could be considered a "once and done" type visit.

• Visited September 2012