“the only 4 star review is a lie”
Review of Pino's Authentic Italian - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pino's Authentic Italian
Cuisines: Italian
“the only 4 star review is a lie”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

the review below mine (the only good one) is a lie. Although the giagantic sign on the restaurant says "now serving mexican" and "variety latino music" when asked the waitress said "well, we are actually just trying to decide if we should serve mexican food or not. we don't have mexican food."
The waitress was so bad (we actually had 2 waitresses, both horrible) that I left a note saying "service not worth 18% gratuity" when they automatically added gratuity to my bill. After waiting 15 minutes for a drink and an hour and a half for our food in an entirely empty restaurant there was no way I was leaving an 18% tip.

• Visited December 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My husband and I visited on a Wednesday night and we were pleasantly surprised. It was quiet and nicely lit. The server was very friendly and patient with us. They had Italian Food along with Mexican food. We had 2 Italian dishes that were both delicious and paired with bread and salad.

The chef thanked us on our way out and was very friendly. They have a DJ paired with latin dancing on Friday and Saturday nights. We will be checking that out as well.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lyndsy_24
Oakdale, Minnesota
“12:45”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We arrived and seated ourselves per the waitress. There were just a few tables filled, three or four, and next to us was an empty table. The waitress listed the special, half spaghetti with a red sauce, half with a white sauce (we found out later it was a gloppy mess, salty and bland and gluey) but we asked for a minute to look over the menu.

Then a man came in and sat at the table next to us - very loud, calling back to the cooks, greeted a few people by shouting across us to them, and some of the staff came to sit down for a few minutes, then got up and wandered back and forth from the bar, kitchen area, and elsewhere to sit with this man. We waited and waited to order, finally the gentleman with me, after 20 minutes or so got up and walked over to a waitress and asked to order, and were told that as soon as she was done with the table that had just come in she'd get our waitress. She took their order, and finally got our waitress, which took about 10 more minutes.

It took so long for us to order that people had actually come in and were eating and leaving - the man next to us was served immediately and had finished - I suspect he was an owner. He was waited on like a king, glasses of wine, water, bread, etc.

Then we got the food, which was lackluster, and the server forgot the wine for me and the water for my friend. (We'd been sitting all this time at the table with nothing.) We ate, and then sat and sat and waited for our check, about 15 minutes. Finally, not seeing anyone (where were the waitresses???) we went to the bar and asked for our check. After another wait while they went to find the waitress, we were given it.

I felt like we were almost singled out for bad service - was it because we didn't know anyone? Even without all the long waits, the service was almost rude - not a pleasant word, greeting, apology, etc. My friend, about 55 or so, very respectable, has a tiny ponytail of about an inch, wore khaki dockers and a businessy type shirt, but actually turned to me and asked if I thought it might have been his ponytail...(joking...)not something one should worry about as far as being served.

10 minutes from my house, I will never step inside this restaraunt again...

• Visited May 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Food Was Good”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

When we first arrived at Pino's we were told that there were two large tables that they were trying to fill so it could be 30 minutes before we were served. Not a problem. When the waitress asked us what we wanted I ordered water and my husband asked what kind of beer they had. The waitress pointed to a wall that was 20 feet or so away. She did not know so my husband passed on the beer.

We ordered a bruschetta appetizer which was good. The salad is mainly iceburg lettuce with a slice of tomato. They really need to work on that. The chicken marsala though -- very good!

The waitress came around a few times asking if we wanted anything and we kept requesting water which she went to get. I don't understand why she just didn't fill everyone's water glasses.

Our wait wasn't too bad but service here is not good. A big sign on the door says that they are going to start serving Mexican and Italian food now. What??!! If they can't handle what they've got I don't know how they'll do more.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank hippyways
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Don't eat here, you will regret it.”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Terrible food, very slow service, a big disappointment. I would not ever go back and I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited August 2012