“Great stay and food”

Grand Casino Mille Lacs
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Onamia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My girlfriend and I checked in on Nov 8 for the concert weekend there. The hotel associate nicely accommodated my room request as I had booked two separate nights and wanted the same room instead of changing rooms on Saturday. That was easily done. Our room was super clean and well stocked. (Microwave , fridge, plenty of towels, toilet paper etc)...... The price was great considering it was a busy weekend.... Opening of MN deer hunting. Food at the Plums was good, also at the Northern Grill excellent. No problems .......really enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Dustin G, Manager at Grand Casino Mille Lacs, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Lasvegasgirl_10,

Thank you for your review! I am always excited to get feedback from seasoned Trip Advisor users with vast travel experience portfolios such as you! Our team here at Mille Lacs is always striving to create the best experience for each of our guests and when someone of your expertise recognizes our efforts, we are extremely proud!

Our brand is aspiring to maintain our reputation as a leader in the Minnesota casino marketplace by always looking for ways to improve our operations through feedback from guests, secret shops, guest focus groups and employee feedback. We appreciate hearing from you and value your continued patronage!

Thanks again and see you on your next visit to Grand Casino Mille Lacs!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. I would go again in a heartbeat, The Plum restaurant was economical and had good food. My room was clean and I felt like it was better than home. All workers I spoke to were very helpful. The elevator lady was kind and told me where my room would be when I got off the elevator.

Room Tip: Make sure if calling as they handle Hinkley too to clarify where you are staying.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Debby G.,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us! We value your satisfaction and are always happy to hear from our guests when they have a great time!

We constantly strive to create the best experience for each of our guests; so once you arrive and walk through our doors the stress of daily life evaporates and you are able to cut loose, let your hair down and enjoy yourself on our gaming floor, in our hotel, in our pool or hot tub, at one of our restaurants, or anywhere else on our property!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Just wanted to start off by saying I really enjoyed our stay at your hotel. The room was great and clean and we had a fun time playing in the casino. When we had finished playing we decided to try to get a room and your front desk person (Dawn) was extremely helpful and friendly and was able to get us a room at a great rate as well. I had forgot my phone charger at home, since we were not planning on staying and she was able to find me one to use as well...this was a first time visit but because of the wonderful time we had and the amazing service we received from (Dawn) we are planning another trip. Keep up the great work.

1  Thank Sandy R

Dear Sandy R.,

Thank you for the review of your stay at our property! We absolutely love hearing from our guests who have a great experience while visiting us!

Dawn has been with our team for many years and has demonstrated how hard each of our associates work to accommodate our guests needs. Sometimes these regular acts go unnoticed, so I thank you very much for recognizing the efforts! I will definitely pass along your feedback and make sure to give her a high five for providing such awesome service!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have always found the stay to be better than the last. The staff is so polite and accommodating. They provide entertainment for all ages including a game room for the kids, a movie theater for the non gamers, and a much more relaxed pool and spa room than other casinos offer. Also, I find this hotel/casino much safer than others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Kristine B.,

I am glad to hear that you had a great time at our property and I wanted to thank you for your review!

We strive to consistently provide quality accommodations not only in our hotel, but in our arcade and all across property, and when Guests like you notice – we really appreciate it!

Thanks again and see you on your next visit to Grand Casino Mille Lacs!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Wonderful trip, excellent food and great entertainment. Ken in the Grand Grill was an excellent waiter and made sure we were very comfortable and well fed! Thank you Ken! Check-In time was a little slow and miss the kiosks that used to be there to speed up check-in. We had a great time celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary!

Room Tip: The ground floor is excellent if you like to gamble.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dustin G, Manager at Grand Casino Mille Lacs, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Carol H.,

Thank you for the review of your stay at our casino property! I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip! I would also like to thank you for the feedback regarding check-in speed as we are constantly looking for new methods and ideas to streamline the process and get you into your room quicker!

Kenny in the grill has demonstrated how hard each of our team members’ across the property work to accommodate our guests needs. Sometimes these regular acts go unnoticed, so I thank you very much for recognizing the efforts! I will definitely pass along your feedback to his supervisor and make sure he is recognized for the rockstar he is!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The front desk personnel (Dawn) at Grand Casino Mille Lacs far exceeds any hotel I have stayed at before. She is extremely friendly, helpful and she goes out of her way to make your stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank patrick b
Dustin G, Manager at Grand Casino Mille Lacs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Patrick B.,

Thank you for the review of your stay at our property! We are extremely happy to hear from our guests when they have a good experience, especially when one of our team members stand out! I will make sure I pass along your feedback to Dawn and let her know you appreciated her helpfulness!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Dawn and Tesha really helped us out at the hotel front desk. We had a room for Saturday October 12. We got there at 12:30 in the morning and were able to get a room that night and for Saturday at a lower rate. Dawn and tesha were very helpful and friendly! Thank you Dawn and Tesha for making our anniversary weekend so special and fun!

Dear Kevin F.,

Thank you for the review of your stay at our property! We are extremely happy to hear from our guests when they have a good experience, especially when it is for such a special occasion such as an anniversary! Congratulations!

I will make sure I pass along your feedback to Dawn and Tesha and let them know you appreciated their assistance in making your weekend so fun!

VP Hotel & Retail

Also consider these accommodations in or near Onamia
Eddy's Resort
#3 of 5 in Onamia
Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Resort
The Red Door Resort & Motel
McQuoid's Inn & Event Center

Been to Grand Casino Mille Lacs? Share your experiences!