Izatys Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsentire unitmille lacsanniversary celebrationrent a golf cartfamily reunionhotel roomgolfingunitslakesidelodgetownhouseminnesota
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We decided to stay close to home this year for our summer vacation, and we are very happy we did! Our stay at Izatys Resort was exactly what we needed!! We stayed in their hotel, which we could tell was older, but for the price was perfect!! Our room overlooked the golf course, which is a beautiful course. The room was nice and very clean. The hotel staff was all very polite and helpful to us durring our stay.
They have an outdoor pool for guests with a really nice outdoor bar where you can order food from. (I think it was call Pirates Pub) The food and service in Club XIX was second to none.
Our family had a really great time and will definetly come back to visit again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank wchjtmtt23
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We visited Izaty's Resort over the 4th of the July weekend and had an excellent time. Hotel rooms were cozy and clean. Staff was great, very pleasant and friendly. Very reasonably priced. We never had to leave the resort for the whole weekend. Great ammenities.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Fisherman_Pengilly
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We had 2 king rooms in the Links Lodge 2009 and 2011. 2011 was far better than 2009 but was still filthy. 2009 was not only filthy but the wall paper was worn and ripped around the window, the heat registers were falling apart, wood furniture was so stained from moisture that is had black spots all over it not to mention that the bedside tables were each 3 feet away from the bed. Sparse furnishings and really old bedding. There is no air conditioning in the common areas, no phones in the rooms, no housekeeping service during your stay and no front desk staff in the hotel. This place is a joke! I don’t usually write reviews because I have worked in high level positions in the hospitality industry and even have experience in formerly bankrupt properties. Not only does the staff at this property not know the meaning of the word hospitality but they don’t know the fundamentals of how to run a hotel much less a resort or how to recover from financial difficulty. They cheap out on everything and charge for what are considered basic amenities at every other property. I went to the front desk to ask for a towel and they would not give me one because they did not want me to use it at the pool. They do not provide pool towels and the chairs around the pool were so dirty I could not sit on them. Once they refused to give me a towel I thought I would show them how ridiculous they were being by taking a dip in the pool and then walking soaking wet up to the front desk but the pool was so disgustingly dirty (filled with bugs and dirt and hair) that I could not bring myself to get in. When I listed my complaints about the dirty bed spread and blanket they offered me a hefty discount to come and stay again but I turned it down because I would not even stay at Izaty’s again if it were free. I will say that everything we ordered in the restaurant was very good but that does not change the fact that the rooms are inadequate and disgusting and the hotel staff knows nothing about how to operate a resort. I took photos but they failed to show enough of the detail to give you an accurate idea of the level of disary and disgust you will experience in person.

Room Tip: Not sure what the Beach Villas are like but do not stay in the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beachesandpools
Reviewed 19 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for our anniversary. We picked the hotel knowing we were going to be golfing and fishing the entire time so why spend the money on a condo. Well, the deal here is, the bank owns the resort, and you can tell. The hotel stinks like fish which they try to cover up with aromatic spray and this just makes the problem worse. Luckily, we couldnt smell it in our room, just the hallways. the carpet is horribly ugly, and the room decor is very dated, cheap. the pillows on the bed are comfortable however. The AC works really good, freezing by morning!! We had a view of the 1st tee of the golf course. The bar inside the clubhouse is very fun, packed with lots of people at night. We had breakfast and it was very good. The pool and hot tub are clean and the pool bar is nice too. There is a nice sand volley ball court right next to the pool which kids can play in too. They had shuffle board and bean bag toss. Very convienent. We were able to see a condo over looking the lake and it was VERY nice. We would definitely stay there next time!!! The course itself is great. The path needs help in areas, lots of bumps and pot holes in the tar, but again, owned by bank and very expensive to fix. There is alot of beautiful scenery on the course, birds, eagles, ponds. Just gorgeous!! I loved all the twists and turns, and you didnt see people very often. There was a wait to get on when we had finished, but we golfed earlier that day. The staff is extremely friendly and talkative. The beverage cart girls were always making the way around, and the rangers are very nice too. All in all, I would NEVER stay at the hotel, unless somone buys the place and remodels. But I would for sure bring our family up there and stay in a condo for SURE!! And, it's only and hour and 1/2 from the twincities! We didnt get to fish because it rained, but the word was the walleye were awesome!!

Room Tip: Get a condo!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravelwkidsllg
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I used to own property on Mille Lacs Lake and always wanted to stay at Izatys. I got my chance this year when I returned after many years and stayed at the lodge.

The room was spartan--didn't even have a telephone! The one chair was a hard back--not much above a stool. The TV was small screen. When I returned to my room on the evening of the second day, the room had not been made--no evidence of maid service. I mentioned this to the desk clerk and was told that maid service is only provided when a guest asks for it! Also, the wi-fi in the room didn't work and I had to go to the reception center a half-mile away to get connected.

If these property owners are trying to emerge from bamkruptcy or other financial difficulties, this isn't the way to do it!!

Room Tip: Insist on maid service daily!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo