“Good”

Happy's
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Onamia
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stopped here on our way back to our hotel. I do believe that the employees should know what goes into the food. I am not a picky eater, but I do not like green peppers in my food. It's crazy, I know, given we live in MN, but I hate the flavor. Before ordering I asked the employee if there were green peppers in the chili. She said no, so I ordered the chili bowl. Sat down and my first bite I could taste the green peppers. Fortunately, there were only a few in there, which I picked out, and I was starving, so I ate it. My S.O. had a cheeseburger and fries and he said that was spectacular. Summation: chili was good even with the green peppers and the burgers are great, which equals very good. :-)

Visited February 2014

minnneapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Happy with Happy's food”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We have stopped at Happy's in onamia, minnesota for years always looking forward to the great food. August 31st the visit was very disappointing. we ordered two of the adveritised grilled chicken bread bowl salad, and a hamburger. Nothing about the salad was good.. The grilled chicken tasted like it was packaged and over processed seasoned strips of mystery. The croutons, and dressing came in a package and were marginable, the bread bowl was quite uniformed and rubbery,appeared to be yet another packaged and processed food. The burger was like the burgers from a school lunch in the 70's. It did not resemble anything beef like. It tasted like it had a lot of filler in it and was over peppered to cover it. we used to be big fans of Happys and now would not go back. The prices were restaurant prices not fast food prices. Not okay with the quality of the food. We would like the old Happy's back. To be fair the staff were great and the restaurant was very clean. We did notice the Dairy Queen brazier in onamia was quite busy, perhaps business from Happy's?

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lunaMinnneapolis
Chaska, Minnesota
“Good play area”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Food was all fried and awful, but after several hours of driving the kids really enjoyed the play area!

Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Small Town Drive-In”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Every year on our way up north we always stop at Happy's for lunch. It is a drive-in that serves, burgers, sandwiches, ice cream, etc. The food is good and the staff is very friendly, as it should be at a restaurant named "Happy's". My daughters (5 yrs. and 8 yrs.) really like to play on the indoor playset and the outdoor playset. The even have a basketball hoop that you can shoot on. Overall, its a fun place and a better option than stopping at the usual fast food chains.

• Visited June 2013
“Everyone was happy here!!!!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

On our way to Brainerd we came upon this fun place right at noon. All of the wait staff were super friendly and helpful! The menu choices are fantastic for a little burger joint. I appreciated the different salad choices. I had the taco salad and it was the perfect size and delish. Also a perfect stop for my 5 yr old to play in the inside and outside play areas!!! Love this feature!!!!!! Ice cream choices were great as well but I was too full to try. We plan to stop on our way home and since it's less than an hr from our house, we will be back!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank kjb1976

Been to Happy's? Share your experiences!