Riverwood Inn and Conference Center
Hotels.com
US$71
  • Breakfast included
US$129
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is a terrible hotel. The rooms are dirty and smell. The staff is rude and seriously lack basic customer service skills. The pool and hot tub are frightening. Words cannot describe how bad this place really is.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Minnesota T
Jodi A, Manager at Riverwood Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

We have just done a deep cleaning on all the rooms, and also took care of the water smell. The pool and hot were just refinished and looking new. We are under a million dollar renovation.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The grounds for this hotel was nice and scenic. The room was OK- spacious and laid out well with two sinks, one inside the bathroom and one right outside. That being said, the room was outdated, but tolerable. What wasn't tolerable was the cleanliness. On first glance it looks OK, but during the first few minutes in the room we found some "treasures" from previous guests that housekeeping overlooked. We found some partially consumed jello shots behind the sofa (we were trying to get to the baseboard heater that was kicking out a ton of warmth to see if we could adjust), and a few other things that weren't in totally conspicuous places or anything- housekeeping could have found them if a typical cleaning had been done. The water did smell, and when we filled the whirlpool tub there was a dead bug floating in it. We kicked on the jets before deciding to venture in and what I assumed was mold from the jet lines filled the tub along with a musty, moldy smell. The water pressure in the shower was poor, and the toilet wasn't level on the floor, so you rocked every time you sat.
Overall, it was disappointing as it could be such a rustic, romantic place if you felt like you could walk around the room without shoes on. I wouldn't tell anyone not to go there but would give the caveat...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I did have a talk with the housekeeping staff on cleaning the rooms. We are under a million dollar renovation to fix the issues.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Room was obviously outdated. Water smelled very bad, but thankfully we brought water to drink. The hot tub didn't have a filter in it. Room was crazy hot. Had to air turned on as high as possible and still felt nauseous. The view from our room was gorgeous, but that was about it. The faucet in the shower really needed a good cleaning. Lots of muck inside the handle that could be easily removed with some cleaner. We ate in Albertville the whole weekend we were there. Staff was very nice, but they seriously need to spend some money on softer beds, new towels and just updating the place in general. It could be a very beautiful place with some major love and renovations.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

We took care of the water smell and are under a million dollar renovation. We also just finished deep cleaning the rooms. We hope to see you back.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Well where do I start? My wife and I were there to attend a family wedding which was to take place on a Saturday of course so we decided to get there on Friday afternoon to relax a bit before hand. According to their website they have dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. After an eight hour drive from illinois we were ready for a dinner but was told at the desk that all they have is frozen pizza in the bar? They have fire pits on the grounds and when a friend asked about having a fire they were told that there would be a $100 charge for that. Our room had no bath or hand soap, the pillows were terrible, no bible, no hotel directory and our continental breakfast consisted of coffee and frozen doughnuts. We stayed till Sunday check out and when we went out for lunch on Saturday they came in our room to tidy it up, made bed, did not replenish the coffee in the room or the cups, and didn't take the old washclothes or towels with them. I don't mean to sound very picky here but when you spend hard earned money at place like this the above mentioned is the things you shouldn't have to worry about. If any body out there would be opening a resort somewhere, open next door to this place and you'll be fine.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Carl S
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, in a very natural and very peaceful environment. I happened upon it by chance, because I didn't want to stay downtown St. Cloud again. It is right on the river, and has a pasture of goats outside. Lots of outdoor space to sit and eat or just enjoy the peace and quiet.
My room was a little dark and one of the windows didn't open. Breakfast wasn't much, which was a disappointment and I was glad I had brought my own cooler full of healthy food. I don't think the staff stood out as really friendly or helpful. When I asked about breakfast a table of prepackaged stuff was pointed to in the corner of the foyer. However, this did not outweigh the lovely setting, the trees, the quiet. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo