“Good simple down home food”
Review of Betty's Pantry

Betty's Pantry
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Ottertail
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was here for a family reunion (stayed at Thumper Pond) and a group of us went to Betty's for breakfast on two separate days on the recommendation of someone at the hotel. The first day we got the owner as someone had called in sick; she apologized for her slowness but we had no complaints at all! The next day the regular waitress was back and we were able to do a bit of teasing. The food wasn't fancy but no one complained on either day (the first day we had a group of about 10); my food was delicious - and she even had some homemade salsa for my eggs (hey, I'm from Texas).

1  Thank Susan M

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Very good food. The only complaint is that the restaurant is decorated in a very gaudy way. Too much stuff on the walls.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Average food, when I was there the coffee was horrible.... All I wanted was a decent cup of coffee and it wasn't at Betty's pantry.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was staying in the area and had been told to try Bettys Pantry in Ottertail. Mistake. Made a trip to find it and was disappointed. Waitress was really bad but I figure anyone could have a bad day. I ordered the 1/2 lb burger and paid for a side of fries. The burger was not cooked and the fries were a tiny portion on the same plate as the burger. It was alot of money for what you get. 8 bucks for the burger and about 3 for the fries. The bun was dry and condiments were wilted. All and all it was alot for a poor meal. I also could not use a credit card but luckily I carry enough money. It was not posted anywhere. Cmon. A tourist area and you won't except credit cards? My son ordered a fish sandwhich. Again. it was small and rather pricey. There are much better places elswhere. Oh, and the food was bland. We stopped at a gas station to fill up.

1  Thank lineaway
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Have been to Betty's countless times since moving to the area three years ago! In summer and Sunday lunch it's often a long line to get in! It is dated inside, but the food makes up for that! They serve a great breakfast and nice variety for lunch. They close at two pm. My favorites include Betty's breakfast, chicken salad, and strawberry rhubarb pie. For valentine's Day they have a special supper - reservations only on the following Saturday- that could compete with any big city restaurant! For a fantastic price! Check this place out- great family restaurant!!