“Fun”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great place to find my fishing needs. Bad place to eat. Slightly over priced and have had better buffalo burgers elsewhere for a lot less. But sure did enjoy the fishing department!

Visited September 2013

Albert Lea
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Lots of stuffed animals”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I guess IF your a hunter/fisherman then this is your place. The only thing I have found to purchase there was some bags of candy. BUT like I said if your into the things they sell you'll totally love this place. It even has a diner in the place to grab a bite to eat and from what I hear a good breakfast buffet on the weekends. So don't drive by stop and check the place out....its easy on and off the I 35 freeway....and for the wife she can drop you off and she can drive north a couple of miles to Metford Outlet Mall (Lots of stores) and when she is done come back and pick you up....:)

Visited July 2013
1 Thank justmealmn
Dubuque, Iowa
237 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 503 helpful votes
“A nice Cabela's to visit if in the area.”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I rated this place 4/5 stars because my hubby loves it and would give it 5/5, but I am not into it so much and would have given it 3/5, so I compromised.

We took our two boys to visit here in December 2012 on the way home from the Mall of America. Their animal displays are all done up very nicely and the kiddos enjoyed looking at them and taking pictures. There is a fish tank area to check out also. Santa also made a stop while we were here, and our 7-year-old liked that. Also, Cabela's gave a free pic of kiddos with Santa, which was a nice touch.

The food in the restaurant upstairs was okay. It is a good place to try if you like wild game for a meal, which I don't, but my husband loves. There are some other things on the menu though, so you don't have to eat that if you don't want to. The selection was not huge though.

The store has just about anything a hunter or outdoorsman would want, and the hubby could spend the whole day just walking around the place and looking at all of the stuff. I was really really ready to go after about an hour, and the kids were ready to go after about an hour and a half.

Overall, if you like this stuff, make an effort to see the place if you are in the area. If you could give or take it, make a short stop and decide for yourself. If you are not at all outdoorsy or interested in anything that implies, you could probably skip it. I enjoyed looking around, but I just did not want to stay real long...

Visited December 2012
Saint Paul
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice stores, high prices”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The presentation at the store is top notch. With all of the stuffed dead animals and all of the decor, this place is really nice. Usually a mad house on the weekends too with people walking around everywhere. I found that all of their items are marked up and pretty high in price. Unless you can find a good price online on their website, it's really not worth buying here. Prices are inflated and you can find the same thing online or at another store. Some people are crazy hard-core fans and buy everything from this place. They obviously have money to burn, or at least, burn their spending money in this manner. I rather save money and go get the deal elsewhere. Sales are usually found on their website but stuff goes fast too, so you have to get it at the right time to save.

Visited December 2012
Iowa
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Never been a fan”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Anytime I can avoid going to Cabela's I will. I do give them an extra star because you can get a lot of things there. But I have always had a hard time finding the things I am looking for. Most of the time it is hard to find someone that will help and if they do try they don't know what they are talking about. With that being said, we were going to take some friends and their kids there to check out the big store. Just be aware their hours in the store don't match what their web site says.

Visited January 2013

Been to Cabela's? Share your experiences!