“We have always been very happy at Plaza” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Owatonna
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mexican, Tex Mex and American Restaurant
La Paz, Bolivia
“We have always been very happy at Plaza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We generally go to Plaza with family and I have never had a bad experience there. We are usually a large group with small children. We order a variety of different dishes from Tex-Mex to American and I have never heard anyone from our group complain. The service is always excellent as well. I would also add that the new location is better than the previous one.

• Visited June 2014

Owatonna, Minnesota
“Cracked beer glass”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were here about 1 yr ago, and thought we would try again, being our son wanted to try it. 6 people in our group. 1 had crack in glass of beer, that he could see easily before taking a drink. Food service was slow and not all served at same time. 2 children, and they were served 5-10 min after rest of group. They should be first, if not at same time. Food taste was average. Overpriced for this type of service and food quality. 2 people each had a Margarita, different flavors. Neither wanted a 2nd with their taste. Not sure what has changed from the old location, but that was much better.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carl W
Jose H, Owner at Plaza Morena, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
We really apologize that you got a cracked glass, sometimes glasses like plates get cracked and is our foul that sometimes we don't detect this kind of problems right away, specially when we are very busy, but we really appreciate your comment.
Thanks. José Herrera.
We will be more careful.
Owatonna, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as expected. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I expected it to be FANTASTIC because it was number 1 on this website. I have never been there until a week ago and I will never go there again. My friends who have went there a few times said that I had to try their new restaurant ( They weren't to fond of the old one I guess ) So we went there were seated and order some nachos for an appetizer. They came out cold and cheese was overcooked. I over looked this small mistake and carried on, then when our waitress took our order I specified multiple times I did not want lettuce, sour cream, or rice. She then brought our food and gave me all rice no beans. After I explain what I ordered after being rudely cutoff numerous times she brought out a plate of beans for me. After we got done eating we were splitting the bill and were confused by a single charge we asked her what it was for and she said for the side plate of beans I had order. I asked her to remove it because I asked for no rice and it wasn't my fault she messed it up she argued that I got the rice and the beans and that she had to charge me for one or another. I asked to talk to her boss after explain what had happened for 15 minutes they got it cleared up. Least to say I'm not eating there again.

1 Thank 0samuel0
Jose H, Owner at Plaza Morena, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
I'm really sorry to here that you had a bad experience in our restaurant, I hope you can change your mind and visit us again.
We are working hard to be more productive and make as much positive and happy experiences.
Our goal is to offer you the best experience, not the opposite.
José Herrera.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Incredible food at a Modest Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

The fajita burrito was phenomenal...although it was big enough for two people! The staff was attentive and friendly. The restaurant (and restrooms) was clean and cheerful. I will definitely go back to try the rest of the items on their extensive menu!

• Visited October 2013
Chaska, Minnesota
“Mexican Food At Its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have been going to Plaza Morena since it first opened south of Owatonna. Now that they have a wonderful new Plaza Morena north of Owatonna, we are happy to say it is even better due to the atmosphere and space. Of course, the Mexican food is as always THE BEST! I normally order Chicken enchiladas or Vallarta Especial and I am never disappointed. The portions are great. The margaritas are very good too. Every time we are in Owatonna, we make a trip to Plaza Morena

• Visited September 2013