“Roadside Gem!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Owatonna
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Owatonna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Duluth, MN
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed in a double queen room that had so many fly's we had to get a swatter from the front desk and our reply was I have been killing fly all day, this was from the front desk. I would not stay here again. We had a 1st floor room and that is the best thing I can say about this place.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have traveled a lot over the years and I do not require a 4 star hotel to meet my needs. This being said my needs are pretty simple for a one night stay. Clean room, working temperature control, working TV and alarm clock, comfortable bed, clean bathroom, hot shower, and breakfast. Everything met my needs, and we had free Wi-Fi, a heat lamp in the bathroom (I love those for some reason), wonderful water pressure and hot water (even had to turn it down a little), there was a safe in the room (although I did not feel like I needed to use it at all it was nice to have the option. I also enjoyed the window seat and how close the hotel was to Fleet Farm and Target. It never fails that I forget something when I travel.

The breakfast selections hit the spot, good flavorful coffee, yummy juice and tasty oatmeal for me. My daughter enjoyed chocolate mini doughnuts and hard boiled eggs. My husband devoured some bagels and several other breakfast treats.

The staff was wonderful from to check in to check out. There was a slight miscommunication about our reservation (not the fault of the hotel) that was resolved quickly and we were still treated wonderfully. I have stayed at 4 star hotels who act as if changing a reservation is manager level crisis, and that is why I like small town motels, it was just not a big deal to correct my mistake.

I loved how friendly everyone was and for a one night stay had everything I needed!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank StaciaAnn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owatonna
Baymont Inn & Suites Owatonna
#6 of 8 in Owatonna
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Owatonna? Share your experiences!