“Check BBB before staying at this HORRID SLUM!!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Owatonna
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Owatonna
kansas
“Check BBB before staying at this HORRID SLUM!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

My husband drove to Minnesota for my sister-in-law's furneral, we already knew where we would stay, because we had stayed there when we visted before. We were exhausted upon arrival, however, my husband had to go the wake around 5:30p.m. I stayed and unpacked; But the minute I used the restroom there was this horrendous "FOGHORN" coming from the pipes behind the wall which lasted 45 seconds!!!!!!! This occurred EVERYTIME the toilet was flushed!! The deskclerk brought a new telephone to our room, the T.V. and coffeemaker outlet was blown out or defected, if you made coffee, you couldn't watch T.V. On top of all of this, Microtel owner/manager NEVER EVEN BOTHERED to call us about resolving our situation!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Caveatemptr
Microtelowatonna, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Owatonna, responded to this review, 12 May 2010
Thank you for your reviews. but the reviews was posted on this website was only for a money back intention .
because when when she stayed with us i been to her room when she complain and everything was in great shape. and we asked to move in diffrent room but she said i will be fine with this room. and she just complain after she left hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2007

We stayed two day in Microtel and it was really great hotel,Great service and nice Staff. The hotel have a reallly nice loby and clean and neat room. we will go back to hotel. and refer to other
wedding people.

• Liked — Cleaning
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2005

I had a block of rooms set up at this property for one year. one week before my wedding the owner of the property cancelled all of my reservations that were guaranteed on a credit card for no reason. When I called him to confront him about it he told me that he didn't want my business and that I could find somewhere else for all of my guests to stay. Needless to say this is not the way that a hotel should be run and I DO NOT recomend this hotel to anyone. EVER!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Owatonna hotels

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2005

April 27, 2005

We stayed at the Microtel on our way to Bloomington, Minnesota and it was a great value. $40 for the night. The room was clean, staff was nice. No pool but we were tired and really just wanted an inexpensive room. The room was great and had a neat window seat in addition to the two large beds. Breakfast was included, too.

3 Thank debben6303
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owatonna
Baymont Inn & Suites Owatonna
#6 of 8 in Owatonna
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Owatonna? Share your experiences!