“Warm and welcoming!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Owatonna
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Owatonna
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Checking in late at night, Harvey, the front desk clerk, was very accommodating! He was able to get a nice room and asked several questions in order to get us a discount. Rooms were clean and spacious with a microwave, refrigerator, and flat screen tv. Towels were better than the ones we have at home. They were plush and oversize! Linens and pillows were comfortable as well as the bed. The only negative we saw about the hotel was the bathroom was tiny.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2008

Nice updated room, with flat screen tv. Bath towels were big, bathroom was small.

Noisy hallways during the night.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 October 2006

I made this reservation the day before my stay. I'd forgotten how it worked, but knew I had an "impressive club" stamp card and asked at the time I made the reservation. The operator stated that I should present the card when checking in, and I would receive a free upgrade if available (right, like it's ever really available.) I checked in at 3:00pm and asked about the upgrade. The next thing I know, my Two Queen room became a King Jaccuzzi Suite for the same price.. Price difference - $55. The place was clean. everything was where it should be. The pool was busy, but not congested. We ordered Chinese but didn't think about plates or anything. On a whim, I opened the in room fridge and microwave and found plates napkins and plasticware in ziplock bags. It's not much, but it was what I needed when I needed it. Not all rooms today even have a fridge and microwave in the room. The room was big and well maintained. In the Jaccuzzi, there were bath salts (woopdee doo, but again an added touch.) In the morning, there was a separate room for breakfast, which was nicely stocked with lots of choices (not just a packaged danish and a can of juice.)

The only downsides were poor internet connectivity in some of the rooms (ours) - though the staff was courteous in trying to help. Water pressure could have been stronger in the shower, and I think the towels were new - they were a bit stiff. If you're looking for a place to stay with the kids, you might consider the HI in town for it's indoor water park. If you're looking for something nice that's NOT full of screaming 12 year olds, this place was well worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Issaacc
Reviewed 26 September 2006

After returning from a stay in the Twin Cities, we stopped here on our way back to Iowa. After checking in, the desk clerk called me by name each time she saw me. Very friendly service. We ordered food from the Applebee's that was across the parking lot and ate in our room. After dinner, we took our 2 year old daughter swimming in the pool. The pool area was nice and clean and the decor and lighting made the area very relaxing. The rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. This was a good place to stay with a toddler. I also loved Owatonna, the city has many nice parks and the shopping is great at the outlet mall and in the Cabela's area.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank mammasue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owatonna
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Owatonna, MN
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault
Oakdale Motel
Oakdale Motel
#6 of 8 in Owatonna

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Owatonna? Share your experiences!