“As Good as Other Reviews Suggested”
Review of The Good Life Cafe

The Good Life Cafe
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Park Rapids
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The café had a high rating on Trip Advisor so we gave it a try instead of going back to one of our annual favorites. We're glad we did. The lunch (salad and sandwich) were delicious and the portions overly generous. The place was busy but we never felt hurried. Service was efficient and friendly.

1  Thank blkWeyburn

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Interesting things on the menu. I got the Thai PB burger--interestingly good! He got the fish tacos--delish with a bite. Good tap beer options. Don't get mixed drinks, nothing special. Salsa--not the best! Would recommend this place for sure. Cool vibe/setting/decor.

Ok service--meaning, I like to be welcomed and asked "if I've been here before" with recommendations made. And the server didn't check in to see how it was until we were almost done, and it wasn't even busy!

Overall though, it is worth the stop!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had ordered food to go before and thought the food was good so I thought I would take my mother there for lunch. We sat down and ordered our food right away. Two sandwiches and soup. After about 40 min and a few run ins with a very rude waitress we never got our food and left. Was very disappointed.

Good_Life_Cafe, Owner at The Good Life Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Jennifer - My name is Molly and I'm the owner of The Good Life Cafe. I want to sincerely apologize for your experience. I have lost sleep over this since you left - thank you for writing your review and giving me an opportunity to reach out. There is no excuse and hopefully you can tell from our other reviews that we can do much better! If you'd be so kind, please call me at the cafe 218-237-4212 so that I can make arrangements to bring you and your mother back. We have wonderful food and a great staff and we all would really appreciate the chance to make it up to you! Thank you, Molly Luther

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My family ate at The Good Life on our way up to Itasca State Park. We liked it so much we stopped again on our way home. We live in Minneapolis and if the Good Life was near us at home, we would go there often. Among us we had a pulled pork sandwich with Apple Chutney, two different burgers, cranberry spiced walnut salad with mixed greens, a turkey caprese sandwich , and tomato basil soup. The only item that wasn't great was the soup. I would love to have tried the naked Camembert appetizer- but it was more food than we needed.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My son and I went for dinner last night. We had a hard time deciding because everything sounded so good. He got fish and chips and I got the Gouda and Bacon Mac and Cheese. The max and cheese was a smallish portion which was great because they can often be overwhelmingly large. The sauce was cheesy and the bacon made my eyes roll back a little. My sons fish was delicious, thought there was a huge amount of fries. We'd definitely return.