“Nice place for German/American cuisine.”
Review of Schwarzwald Inn - CLOSED

Schwarzwald Inn
Cuisines: German
“Nice place for German/American cuisine.”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch and had a good meal. Love the small town downtown type diners. They have a very good menu and the prices are not too bad. The service was food and the staff was very pleasant. The German type food is actually really good.

• Visited September 2013

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great pie”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stopped in for a late morning coffee and pie. Ok service. Great pie. Interior is dated ad needs a face lift.

Visited September 2013
Anderson, Indiana
“Another year, another stop”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

*** FYI - THEY ONLY TAKE CASH OR CHECK - NO CREDIT CARDS ***

We had forgotten about this from the last time we were here and had to scrape cash together to avoid using the ATM that us located right in the entry way - which is very awkward and I do not remember this being here in years past...I also believe they used to take credit cards a few years back.

Anyway, we stop here every year as a traditional thing. I love their German noodles with gravy which have remained unchanged for long as I can remember. That being said, I always dump a ton of pepper on mine and I think the reason I like them so well is because they are not salty at all. But, I think a lot of people would think they are “bland” since they are not salty or seasoned, but I love them! This last time we were in was also one of the only times they had Wild Rice Soup. Usually it is gone by the afternoon so I felt lucky that I was finally able to try it. I would not order it again…It tasted “off” in a way that I thought it might have been bad so I didn’t eat it. My brother got the liver and onions and he said it was amazing, but the only thing I have eaten in here in probably the last 10 years has been just a big bowl of their noodles.

During our visit, there was only ONE waitress tending to all the tables. She was running tables like a pro, but I could not believe she was the only waitress in the place. Because of this service was a little slow, but still efficient. We were going to order pie since they had a large pie list on their board, but when we asked the waitress how they were made she coyly told us that NONE of their pies are made there; they are all frozen from the grocery. All in all it was another great stop; a Park Rapids staple!

• Visited August 2013
Naples, Florida
“Sunday brunch is the best bargain in Park Rapids”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The brunch has fresh roasted whole turkey with dressing that tastes like your mother made. Also fried chicken, roast beef and roast pork, Great mashed potatoes with two kinds of great tasting gravy. The spatzle is very good. I love the home made German bread. Probably 20 salad bar choices including a bowel of wonderful fresh fruit. Also bread pudding, chocolate pudding and several other delicious pastries. All this for about $10.95.

• Visited August 2013
Lihue, Hawaii
“German and American food on Main St.”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times over the years, usually for lunch. They always have a great salad bar and their German food in good, although not as good as the German food at the Brauhaus Restaurant, a sister restaurant, near Nevis. This really is a great choice for lunch.

• Visited July 2013