“Que bueno!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rochester, MN
“Que bueno!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We very much enjoyed our food! The food was great. The decor is wonderful. Would highly recommend it!

Visited August 2014

“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Vallarta's was a recommendation from our parents and we would normally hit Companeros for Mexican in Park Rapids; but, this place is simply a gem! We loved it! Great atmosphere, authentic chips & salsa, great staff and I gotta give the Burro Loco Burrito was superior. We will definitely be back again!! Try this place out.

2 Thank DMLaRock
Fargo, North Dakota
“Best Mexican restaurant ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I am not a big fan of Mexican food but I will go with my wife to make her happy. We decide to do Vallartas and I had the best Mexican meal I have ever had. Since I don't know much about the food I tried something's that I had not seen on other menus and they were delicious. Our family of 4 really enjoyed all our meals and now when my wife asks where do I want to eat when in Park Rapids, I reply Vallartas. My favorite restaurant in the area and I have eaten at all of them.

• Visited August 2013
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Real Mexican, not Minnesota Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

It is a great pleasure to now be able to get real Mexican food in Park Rapids. In the past, the best option was Campanero's in Dorset, which is really bland and tasteless Minnesota Mexican. Vallarta's offers a large variety of authentic Mexican cuisine with the flavors and spices one experienced with south-of-the-border food would expect. Their salsa is fantastic, and while it isn't very hot, it has a nice smoky flavor. We enjoyed a long lunch there in August, and members of our party ordered off of the regular and lunch menus. No one left hungry, as portions from both menus are generous. Tortillas are soft and fresh, meat is cooked perfectly, and the rice and beans were nicely prepared. The prices are also very reasonable.

The restaurant is quite large, so while people were pouring in for a weekday lunch there was still plenty of seating available. The service we had was really good, with quick seating, drinks, and food service. I'd give Vallarta's a fifth star if the decor wasn't the bright, tacky parrot and cactus design that is so common in many Mexican places. That is the only reservation I have, and it certainly won't stop me from returning. When up at the cabin, I no longer have to ignore my cravings for Mexican food. I hope to never have to stoop to eating Minnesota Mexican again, and as long as Vallarta's is there, I won't.

• Visited August 2013
Fargo, North Dakota
“Best authentic Mexican food in the Park Rapids area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We have been coming to Park Rapids MN for 20 years and have always gone to Companeros in Dorset (a few miles out of Park Rapids) for Mexican food, but this year a new restaurant has opened in town and the food is incredible. The menu is definitely authentic and is so large it took us quite a while to choose what we wanted to order. The chips and sauce served prior to your main entrée is great, just be careful if you ask for the 'hot' sauce. It is very hot! I did order a margarita and the mix isn't the best, so I would suggest a beer or soda. The restaurant it decorated in bright Mexican style décor and has several levels to it, accommodating large groups as well as small. If in he Park Rapids area, I would recommend you give Vallartas a try.

• Visited July 2013