“Worst ever”

C'mon Inn Park Rapids
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Park Rapids
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Don't stay here, especially if you are Handicap. We booked a handicap room months in advance. Upon arrival, we were given our room key and never told it was a regular room. When we got to our room and discovered it was not Handicap accessible and my husband could not fit in the bathroom I went back to the front desk to inquire about our room change. Before I could say anything the snot nosed kid behind the counter was already defensive saying when we booked the room there was no HC room available. I told him my husband could not fit through the door to the bathroom and his response was, "there is nothing I can do". WOW!. I returned to the room and found the paperwork with the confirmation number on it with notes that it was a HC room with a king bed. I returned to the front desk with paper and again, before I could say anything he was immediate rude and defensive. I told him that we would be leaving for a while for an event we were in the area for and could maintenance please go in and remove the bathroom door. He responded with a chuckle, rolled his eyes and said "Yeah, that's not going to happen". The price was outrageous for the service we received. We have paid less for 5 star hotels, and treated awesome. And the thermostat in the room was set at 64 degrees. All I can say is if you can avoid it. Don't stay here!

Room Tip: Find someplace else. A tent in the woods would be better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank ConnieSaintPaul

Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

This place is great. Driving up I immediately thought I was headed for a cheesy and lame motel experience because the exterior is a bit dated, as is the lobby, however, the rooms are fantastic, well appointed, and very comfortable. Also, they offer breakfast with a pancake machine. It is pretty cool. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank woozel
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night, 3/9. The motel is in excellent condition. Great price. Full breakfast available, ie. pancakes, fruit, juice, cereal, etc. Clean. Fresh. Pleasant desk help. Simply a pleasant experience despite an unexpected stop in Park Rapids.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BuckskinMN
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Pleasently surprised! We snowmobile and this hotel was right on the Heartland trail, a minnesota trail for biking, horses and snowmobiling. The price was good the rooms very clean and the pool hot tub enjoyable. They don't charge for pets and we love our pets. C'mon Inn is a strange name and I thought it was going to be low end but a very nice and well kept property. The staff is very proud of their property and it shows. We were scheduled for 2 days moving on to another property to take in snowmobiling to the west. It was a high end resort brand new, that we were going to stay, but ended up canceling that reservation and staying with C'mon Inn. Only 1 complaint, and I hate to complain when something is free but the breakfast variety could be improved.

Room Tip: Any room but the one by the vending machines
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank minniehappyreturns
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We stayed here because of Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. It's very nice, everything seems brand new. The interior design is similar to a Radisson although it's not a large place. The bathroom had black granite countertops and the room had a barcolounger for tv viewing which I enjoyed. The bed and multiple pillows were very nice and everything was very clean. The only quibbles I have is that the room walls were not thick enough to drown out the drying and coughing child in the next room that kept me up forever. Also, there is a noisy indoor central courtyard, make sure to ask for a room not on the courtyard! Luckily mine was on the outside of the building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the noisy central courtyard
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2012

This is the second time that we have spent 5-6 nights at the C'mon Inn. The rooms are really spacious and nicely decorated. We were lucky enough to get a balcony room this time, which was a super surprise. I usually don't sleep very well in hotels, but the bed was so comfortable, by the 2nd night I was sleeping great.

Everyone who works there is really friendly. One talented member of the housekeeping staff took all of the kids' stuffed animals and arranged them so nicely on their bed. If I could figure out how to change my picture, that would be the one I would use!

The only suggestion I can think of would be to add fresh fruit to the breakfast. While my kids loved the super fresh donuts for breakfast, I would have loved a banana or an apple.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Seriously? What is not to live here? Room was huge, bed super comfy, property quiet. I LOVED this place, and I am a very picky hotel guest. I can see where, if the gorgeous lobby was busy, it could be annoying as the rooms all overlook that space. But we stayed on a Thursday night and I was quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012
Mississippi Headwaters Hostel
Mississippi Headwaters Hostel
#2 of 2 in Lake Itasca
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Park Rapids

Been to C'mon Inn Park Rapids? Share your experiences!